[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Hi

• Advertisement
Egret Baits Kick-A-Mullet

Hi

Welcome to Big Lake 411

Hi

Postby hkustoms » Fri May 06, 2011 1:45 pm

New here.

I haven't been on the lake in quite some time... Pre-Rita. Pretty sure I'll be on the water for Saturday morning around daylight. Can anyone give me some pointers on the tides I've looked at above? And if you want to make my day, I'll try where you send me to see if they are biting? Just give me a place and bait lol. No really I will. I hope to meet some good people on here, it seems like a great site.

Just so you know I'm a reel person and not a troll, I'm Robert Benoit. Been hitting the Houston River area hoping the winds would calm down as I just got a new to me classic old boat this spring but work has me away from home a lot and I get to occasionally get out and about.

Thanks for the welcome.
Rob
hkustoms

Re: Hi

Postby gerald » Fri May 06, 2011 7:59 pm

There have been a couple of reports from Big Lake that there were some birds working and limits of trout caught today.

Try using your favorate topwater bait. Later in the day switch to soft plastic using 1/8 or 1/4 oz jig heads.
gerald

Postby hkustoms » Mon May 09, 2011 6:37 am

well the day wasn't a total loss, I caugt one nice one and seen bait everywhere, I just wasn't tossing the right thing at the right time I guess...
hkustoms

Postby Ray » Mon May 09, 2011 8:45 am

If there was lots of bait, you should have seen something chasing them. If not, it was just lots of bait and not many fish.
Glow or Opening Night are good colors if the water is clear. Or DOA Shrimp.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Return to The Welcome Center