[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Retired . . . and ready

• Advertisement
Egret Baits Vudu Shrimp

Retired . . . and ready

Welcome to Big Lake 411

Retired . . . and ready

Postby Speckulator » Wed May 23, 2012 9:01 am

Hi everyone,

Just retired and I have always loved fishing Big Lake.
Of course with a fixed income and health concerns, I had to downsize.
Therefore, if any of you young chaps ever get a fishing report where an older fella can launch now a smaller boat to catch a few specks (like the LNG canal), please remember me.
You guys that fish Big Lake are the best!

Thanks!
Speckulator

Re: Retired . . . and ready

Postby gerald » Sat May 26, 2012 11:54 am

Welcome to the life of RETIREMENT.....it is great.

You can "pick" your days to go fishing. There are lots of good day to fish Big Lake in a small boat, I have a 15 footer.

If the wind is blowing a little tooooooo muchhhhhh..... go to Prien Lake area.
gerald

Postby Speckulator » Sat May 26, 2012 6:20 pm

Thanks so much Gerald.
My retirement is effective July 1. However, I will be working part time for a while (on my own hours thankfully).
I hope around late August and September to be there.
I have caught nice trout also on the surf, but I think this will be a great year for suspended trout in deeper waters as the temperatures heat up.
Baitfish will be concentrated, and I betcha those swim baits swimming in thermoclines will be great.
Again, thanks for the heads-up!

Chris
Speckulator

Retired . . . and ready

Postby ramosrecon » Sat May 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Congrats on the retirement and I'm counting down myself. Prien is the place I fish about 80% of the time. It is go fishing with no pressure and no big lake drama which I can do without. Another thing I like about Prien is when the bite starts you will find yourself measuring 14 inch fish thinking they are 12.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
C. Ramos
ramosrecon

2015 Mako 18 LTS

Postby Suthrngntlmn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:50 pm

I got a 15 footer also and mainly fish prien area south to Haymark and north to the salt water barrier, like they said no drama and good fishing after you learn it. Good Luck & see you on the water. :fishin:
Suthrngntlmn

Return to The Welcome Center