[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4860: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4862: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Want to learn the lake

• Advertisement
Mercury 4 Stroke 150

Want to learn the lake

Welcome to Big Lake 411

Want to learn the lake

Postby ringeaux » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:38 am

Hey guys, I just found this website and doing a lot of reading. I have been saltwater fishing for about 10 years, but mostly fish Fourchon, Leeville and sometimes down around Buras. However, I have a duck camp near Jennings and figured i could fish Big Lake and stay at camp and save a lot of driving. If anyone ever wants to show a new guy some areas i would appreciate. I'm good for my share of the gas! My boat or yours.

In the meantime I will be reading as much as i can on here. Looks like a lot of good info.

Thanks,
Bob
ringeaux

Re: Want to learn the lake

Postby Ray » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Click the GPS link and the Launches link on the black bar at the top of this page.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby ringeaux » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Ray, Did that already and put them in my GPS. Also read just about every post on the site.

Thanks...
ringeaux

Postby Suthrngntlmn » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:49 am

Best way to learn it is to get out there and ride and make notes or puch in GPS coords as you go. Bring yourself about an 8' piece of 1" PVC pipe to find reefs. Good Luck and Welcome to the 411. :onbottom:
Suthrngntlmn

Postby Ray » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:06 pm

There are no places that you will catch fish every day.
I have seen back to back days, maybe twice.
You have to be willing to move around and do a lot of fishing.
Be ready. Don't be tieing on lures in the boat.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby ringeaux » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks for the tips. I plan to spend several days on the lake this spring and summer. Have a PVC pipe, cajun spear anchor and Danforth anchor. Good thing is, I can fish weekdays, so don't have to fight the crowds on weekends. I will be checking the reports for some guidelines. Hopefully people like to share info. Of course, I'm not looking for honey-holes, but like to know patterns and best baits to use. I know fishing the lake is different from what I have been doing, but I do like to learn.

Holler if you see me cruising around in a red and white BlazerBay 2170. And, if anyone ever needs a partner, let me know. I'm good for gas money!
ringeaux

Postby ringeaux » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:18 pm

Just scheduled a guided trip for mid-March, too. Hopefully I can get a lay of the land (so to speak) and catch a few fish.
ringeaux

Postby Ray » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Return to The Welcome Center