[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - need help with tide info

• Advertisement
Egret Baits Vudu Shrimp

need help with tide info

Welcome to Big Lake 411

need help with tide info

Postby cfelter » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:44 am

Hi Guys - I'm new to doing posts and new to this site. I'm trying to make sense of the tide info. Where exactly is Calcasieu Pass Lighthouse wharf anyway. How do you calcaluate the tides around the Calcasieu point launch.
cfelter

Re: need help with tide info

Postby Ray » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:20 pm

The lighthouse went away many years ago. But it was across the ship channel from the jetty launch.
The new weather station was installed right next to the launch after Rita.
The best way to see tides around Calcasieu Point is to check the one at Hackberry.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby cfelter » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:33 pm

thanks Ray - I've been on the net for several hours and I can't find anything about the tides at Hackberry. Can you help me find it?
look forward to hearing from you guys. Carolyn
cfelter

Postby Ray » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:03 pm

You will have to use the tide tables for Cameron.
They don't have tidal info. for every town along a waterway.
I think Cameron is the only place to find predicted tides in SW La.
I use the tables at rodnreel.com
Their tables are for the big dummies like me. Easy to read.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Return to The Welcome Center