[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - New to the board

• Advertisement
Mercury 4 Stroke 150

New to the board

Welcome to Big Lake 411

New to the board

Postby Freebird » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 am

Hi all. I'm new to the board --just found your site yesterday. I'm in NW LA, been here almost a year courtesy of the US Air Force, and have made the trip to Big Lake once this spring. I fished the wiers and some rock patches in the shipping channel with some success (7 keeper reds, 5 black drum and 2 specks in a day and a half). I'm heading back down tonight with my 14 year old son, and would like to ask the members here if the fishing patterns have changed since I was down in March, or are the wiers still a good place to find reds? Any other advice would be appreciated. The Air Force tends to move me every 2-3 years, so I'm trying to cut the learning curve on new waters a bit before they move me again.

Thanks!
The US Air Force -- A free move to a new fishing hole every 2-3 years!
Freebird

Re: New to the board

Postby jsmoke222000 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:23 am

Welcome to the 411! :cheers: The weirs are almost always a safe bet. The trout are starting to bit good right now. All the usual spots are producing fish. It seems that the reef just outside of Lamberts bayou is producing some nice trout. Pretty much everyone is throwing live shrimp under a popping cork. Can't go wrong with that this time of year.

I'm offshore right now so I really don't any solid info, just general information for now. I'm sure someone will chime in. And thank you for your service to our country! :rockon:
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Re: New to the board

Postby Freebird » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:52 am

Thanks! I appreciate the info! I need to grab a map when I get down there --I stayed at Spicer's in Hackberry before they really opened up the store, and was only able to borrow one. I just found out the gals are now coming along, too, so my fishing trip just turned into a bait-the-hook and untangle lines trip!
The US Air Force -- A free move to a new fishing hole every 2-3 years!
Freebird

Return to The Welcome Center