[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - New to saltwater fishing

• Advertisement
Majek Boats

New to saltwater fishing

Welcome to Big Lake 411

New to saltwater fishing

Postby gonefishing » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:24 pm

I just recently started saltwater fishing and I just want to say that its 10 times better than bass fishing. I havnt been very much but it has been a really good experience I hope to learn more about it and BigLake through this very helpful website and the wisdom that you guys post on a daily basis
gonefishing

Re: New to saltwater fishing

Postby jkbertra » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:12 pm

I did very little fishing as a kid, & no saltwater fishing. Spent a few years teaching myself saltwater in the same ways you are teaching yourself. Last year I booked a trip with a guide & learned more in 1 day than I had taught myself in 8 years. In the 16 months since then I have caught so many fishing based on what I learned that day. Trust me, if you can come up with the money, book a trip. It is so worth it.
jkbertra

Postby gonefishing » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:29 pm

me and some of the guys that i fish with were actually talking about going on a guided fishing trip to learn a little bit about BigLake and to learn patterns for the fish i havnt done bad at all I just dont know where to go the best places I know to go are Turners Bay and the L&G plant in the ship turn around
gonefishing

Postby Ray » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:21 am

It is a lot like Bass fishing.
Get a Hot Spot map and start fishing.
Just use saltwater rated equipment and lures.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Return to The Welcome Center