[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Just got a new 8' Billy Stix spinning rod

• Advertisement
Egret Baits Kick-A-Mullet

Just got a new 8' Billy Stix spinning rod

Just got a new 8' Billy Stix spinning rod

Postby Ray » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:16 pm

My brother in law bought me a spanking new Billy Stix spinning rod.
It is 8' long. Talk about a long rod. And light has heck.
Can't wait to get a new reel on it to test it out.
I am getting a Shimano Stratic 2500 to mount on it for surf fishing.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Re: Just got a new 8' Billy Stix spinning rod

Postby Pole_benda » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Ray,

Are you going to go with the new Stradic the CI4? If not, I would recommend that you do. That really is simply amazing and super light as well. I bought a few when they first hit the shelves and been happy with them and the drag on it is amazing. 8' rods are awesome I 85% of my rods are those lengths and comes in handing for long cast to super spooky/shallow fish. :rockon:

Pole_benda
Anthony Fountain
Team Shallow Minded
St. Croix Rods Pro-Staff
www.teamshallowminded.com
St. Croix Rods Pro-Staff / Maverick 18 Mirage HPX-V
Pole_benda

2009 Maverick Mirage 18HPX-V

Postby Ray » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:37 pm

Yep. I am working on a deal for 2 of the CI4's.
I have a new 7' Billy Stix spinnig rod being built also.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby Ray » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:25 am

Just ordered 2 of the new CI4's. Waltrip is getting me a good deal on them.
I will get a pick of the rods and reels when I get everything put together.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby Ray » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:52 am

Here it is for now. When I get the reel on her, I will post it again.

It's hard to photograph an 8' rod with a camera phone.

Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Return to BillyStix Custom Fishing Rods