[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4860: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4862: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - LSU Chinese Fire Drill

• Advertisement
FishTaleLLC

LSU Chinese Fire Drill

Use this section to discuss football, basketball, baseball, MMA & all other sports

LSU Chinese Fire Drill

Postby jsmoke222000 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:20 am

First & foremost I want to say that I am very proud of our team for putting up another win.

JL played outstanding with the exception of a 2 bad throws & 2 procedure penalties. The pick 6 did not rear it's ugly head & JL kept his composure when most would have folded up & went home. I am particularly proud of how JL showed some true leadership out on the field & when he did screw up by throwing a pick, he didn't blow a fuse on his receiver. He took responsibility for his bad throw that resulted in the pick & he also didn't seem to get bent out of shape about it. This young man has proven, at least to me, that he is ready to be the QB of this football team. When JL walked over to the sideline & pumped up the crowd after that 4th down conversion, it sent chills down my spine!

JJ could not have started off the game any better. 86 yards for a TD on the first play from scrimmage definitely works for me! Unlike JL, JJ looked very frustrated when things were not going his way & was constantly scolding his receivers when he made some less than perfect throws to them. JJ still has a little learning to do & it started yesterday with that slice of humble pie he ate on the sideline while Lee was driving the team down the field with under 2 minutes to go.

Kudos to our defense as well. You guys played your asses off & kept us in the game. Chavis has brought you guys together to play as one & your hard work shows on the field.

Now to the subject @ hand. The chinese fire drill pt. 2. For those of you that missed pt. 1, here is a friendly video reminder:

That was one of the most horribly coached 32 seconds of college football that I had ever had the seen @ that point of my life & to make matters worse, it ended in a loss. After watching that game I just knew that nothing like this could ever possibly happen again.

Well folks I was wrong, yesterday we had another 32 seconds of football that ranks right up there with the top clusters of all time. I have dubbed this 2nd round of 32 seconds the chinese fire drill pt. 2.

I am not going to sit here & blame the QB for this mess. Players are coached & they are instructed on what to do by our coaches. My question is this...

Who is responsible for these two incidents? Who's responsibility is it to make sure that our players know exactly what is going on & what play to call next? That person, whether it be Les Miles or Gary Crowton, should be held accountable for this. It is completely inexcusable for something like to ever happen once in a major college football program like LSU, much less twice. First time shame on me, 2nd time shame on you (whoever you are).

I know we won the game yesterday & I am very thankful for that. Being 5-0 is a wonderful thing but I hope that we never have to go through another 32 second chinese fire drill ever again.

Geaux Tigers!
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Re: LSU Chinese Fire Drill

Postby ardoin25 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:55 am

I didnt get to watch the game cause we dont get the locals offshore where I am. I had to read the play by play on foxnews.com. Can someone please tell me why was Lee taken out and Jefferson put in on the last play of the game. Especially after he was obviously doing so well with the ongoing drive. MAybe I missed something in the play by play!!
:WTF:
ardoin25

Postby jsmoke222000 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:22 am

Jefferson is a better runner & gives us more opportunity to score with the threat of the option. That's about all I can come up with to explain why Lee came out. :dunno:
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby RigRatNoMeaux » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Even though they both aren't great qb's. Lee is a better pocket passer. I think they should let sheppard play qb. He can't be any worse. I mean he was the best high school player in the nation at that position. The number 1 recruited player his sr year. Well I guess the coaches can't manage the clock. What would make us believe that they would play the right people.
A BAD day of fishing is always better then a GOOD day at work!!!
RigRatNoMeaux

2002 alumacraft 16 ft, side console

Postby outdoorsman20 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Jsmoke i only coach high school football but i would roll both of them in and out and utilize their talents. i would have a package for both and keep the defense guessing and off balance..
When excellence becomes tradition , greatness has no limit
outdoorsman20

Postby jsmoke222000 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:27 pm

I've got no problem @ all with running a 2 QB system. Jefferson is by far the better runner & Lee the better passer. It's the clock mis-management that is mind boggling. :banghead:
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby outdoorsman20 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:34 pm

yea no doubt 2yrs in a row same situation.. thats definetly a red flag :spank:
When excellence becomes tradition , greatness has no limit
outdoorsman20

Postby speckilla89 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Im gonna say this has to be on GC. I have a hard time believeing that with all the money we pay the coaches that Miles could be so stupid. Also if you look at Gary Crowton Stats at other universities his numbers get really bad after his first year.

:cheers: I dont think he know how to build an offense. Also the last play where Ridley runs in for the TD was a Les Miles Call.

At any rate I think we'll see crowton go this year. It sad the talent we have that cant be developed.

On a positve note I think we will win this weekend. We are neck in neck on defense with Alabama and we all saw what happened to Flordia last weekend. I think we leave Gainesville with a W and mark the turning point of our program in the same place where it started to slide two years ago :cheers:
A Bad Day of Fishing is Still Better than a good day at work!
speckilla89

Postby Wag » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Crowton is the biggest problem.......but when it's all said and done, it all falls on Miles shoulders.....hopefully this is Crowtons last season at LSU and if things don't get better this year, it just might be MIles last season.
Wag

2003 Kenner 1902 Vision

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:19 pm

I watched the last 1/4 on my cell phone while at a wedding and reception.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Next

Return to General Sports Discussion