[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Can it get more exciting

• Advertisement
Egret Baits Kick-A-Mullet

Can it get more exciting

Discuss all hunting stuff here. Feel free to post pics of your kill as well

Can it get more exciting

Postby gerald » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:44 pm

I wanted to make another bow hunt at Clear Creek WMA before the opening of the rifle season, and I went on Thur. Oct. 28. This would be my best chance before the woods get all shot up with guns starting on Saturday. I hunted in the same tree where I messed up the opportunity to shoot a Doe a couple of week earlier and got up in the tree well before daylight .

It was perfect morning but nothing was moving the first couple of hours. Then just after 9 AM, I spotted a deer feeding 25 yards to my right. There were lots of tree limbs in this area and just seeing the deer was hard at times. The Doe was slowly feeding my way, and then it turned away from me. After a couple more minutes it turned around and moved towards my left. There was one opening 20 yards from me, about 18” wide…..but there was a small log right in the middle. I knew if the deer passed right there it would step over the log and then a limb would block a shot. Sure enough, that is exactly what happened. Then doe turned to move away in stead of heading towards the next opening several more feet ahead. This deer stayed around for 5+ more minutes before I lost sight of it

.Damn…..I should have taken that 20 yards shot. But that is why I love Bow hunting….the excitement…the challenge.

Ten minutes later I spot another [or could have been the same one?] deer come in from a different direction to this same oak tree. It fed for a while but looked nervous and went out of sight on the other side of the oak tree. About 5 minutes later I see it slowly coming more behind me. This could be a tough shot being so far to the right side and behind the tree I am in. The deer turns and starts moving to the left but was still under the branches of a tree 15 yards away. When it passed a 2’ wide opening I made a good double lung pass through shot. The Doe was just in front of small tree.

I heard the young doe go down about 60 yards away. The blood trail was fairly good and knowing about were it went down made it easy to locate. Now I got to use my new cart for my first kill of the season.

gerald

Re: Can it get more exciting

Postby jsmoke222000 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:51 pm

Nice shot! how much did she weigh?
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby gerald » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Let's just say......it was small and young. Might have been a big Fawn.

Her back strap was oh so tender......a couple of day later when I cook it.
gerald

Postby jsmoke222000 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:41 pm

Looks like some good meat to me. thanks for posting.
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Return to General Hunting Discussion