[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Fishing line recommendations

• Advertisement
TFO Rods

Fishing line recommendations

Discuss all fishing tackle here. Rods, reels, lures, hooks, line, etc.

Re: Fishing line recommendations

Postby Bgizzle » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:26 am

there wasnt any shock absorbing when i went only the xs and wind tamer..... if i see the shock absorbing braid i will try it on my spin cast due to your success....thx smoke
May not be the best, but I'm the best at trying my best
Bgizzle

Postby jsmoke222000 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:34 am

Don't forget there is a discount code posted in the sponsor section. Save a few bucks if you order online.
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby Peltier » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:30 am

Spooled 4 reels with the 20lb wind tamer. Got the pink invisible & it has been great line so far. Only complaint is my kids fishing a Carolina rig get it tangled up so bad between the weight & hook! OMG - it's faster to just cut & re-tie.
Again, thanks Smoke for the 411 on the discount code.
Peltier

Postby yak-aholic » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:49 pm

when fishing carolina rig, I usually tie on mono from the swivel to the hook.
yak-aholic

Postby Mako 1 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:33 pm

thinking about trying it but did not see discount code. How is it as to power pro which is what I use now.
Mako 1

2008 Kenner Mako 2201

Postby jsmoke222000 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Fins is much better than power pro in my opinion. The discount code was for a limited time only. Sorry.
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby stonekeep » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:06 am

Didnt know there was a shock absorbing braid out now... Id like to try that on at least one real next time... I always use Big Game 15# down at Big lake, but I respool my curado every night, and sometimes during the middle of the day. Both are probably a little light for the redfish we have been catching since i almost got spooled twice this last trip by 35 inchers. Braid would give me a little more confidence to choke down on that drag.
stonekeep

Postby ramosrecon » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:36 am

The Fins that smoke is talking about is great to use and when the discount was going on I got some and put it on two of my spin cast reels to try it and it works great. I tried another braid which is made by Sufix and it is the 832 premium in the 50 lb which is 12 lb diameter and have been having great results with it. Both to me or great just Fins has the shock with the Sufix I just add the 25 lb flacorbon tag line on the end.
C. Ramos
ramosrecon

2015 Mako 18 LTS

Postby stonekeep » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:58 am

I am going to see if i can find some at gander mountain today.. If not where is the best place to order online?
stonekeep

Postby jsmoke222000 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:08 pm

jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

PreviousNext

Return to Tackle Shop