[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Fishing Rod Study!

• Advertisement
FINS Fishing

Fishing Rod Study!

Discuss all fishing tackle here. Rods, reels, lures, hooks, line, etc.

Fishing Rod Study!

Postby RigRatNoMeaux » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:34 pm

Im wanting to get everyones opinions on the type of rods they like to use. As in action, length, grips, and color. Please try to use the format below to make it easier to determine the outcome of the study.

1. Length -- 6'6, 6'8, 6'10, 7'0, (larger please specify)
2. Action -- UL, L, ML, M, MH, H
3. Grip -- Foam, Cork
4. Grip Style -- Split, Full
5. Grip Length -- Pistol, Short, Medium, Long
6. Does the color of the rod attract you or turn you away from it?? If so, what color and why??
7. Favorite color Pole.
8. What would you want on your rod???
A BAD day of fishing is always better then a GOOD day at work!!!
RigRatNoMeaux

2002 alumacraft 16 ft, side console

Re: Fishing Rod Study!

Postby jsmoke222000 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:06 am

Should we specify casting or spinning?

1. Length -- 7'0
2. Action -- M & MH
3. Grip -- Cork
4. Grip Style -- Split
5. Grip Length -- Long
6. Does the color of the rod attract you or turn you away from it?? If so, what color and why?? - No, makes no difference.
7. Favorite color Pole. - black
8. What would you want on your rod??? - good guides

I own give or take 20 casting rods & only 3 spinning rods. The most important things that I look for in a rod are the guides, butt length & overall weight of the rod. I used Falcon rods for years because they were so light, but I broke them pretty often. I switched to TFO 2 years ago & haven't had any problems since. They are a bit lighter than the falcons I was using.
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby mtbro » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:58 am

1.- 7'0
2.- ML
3.- Cork
4.- Full
5.- Long
6.- No
7.- Black
8.- 9 lb. + speck
mtbro

Postby Ray » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:19 pm

I like a 7' rod with long cork grip, but I have different rod action for different kinda lures.
I have rods for soft plastics and different ones for jerk baits and topwater lures.
I also use spinning for one type fishing and casting for everything else.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby GeauxTigers » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:17 pm

1. Length -- 7'0"
2. Action -- ML
3. Grip -- Cork
4. Grip Style -- Full
5. Grip Length -- Medium
6. Prefer black or Carbon Fiber just b/c i like the way it looks with my Curados
7. Carbon Fiber
8. 33" Spawning Speck
GeauxTigers

Postby mister2363 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:37 pm

1. Length -- 6'6"
2. Action -- MH
3. Grip -- Cork
4. Grip Style -- Full
5. Grip Length -- Medium
6. Does the color of the rod attract you or turn you away from it?? If so, what color and why?? - Don't really care
7. Favorite color Pole. Black with Chrome tips
8. What would you want on your rod??? - Sling em'
mister2363

Return to Tackle Shop