[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Jig head colors

• Advertisement
Mercury 4 Stroke 150

Jig head colors

Discuss all fishing tackle here. Rods, reels, lures, hooks, line, etc.

Jig head colors

Postby mcjaredsandwich » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:39 am

Hello biglake411 users!

I am a track and field athlete for the McNeese State track team. I hail from the DFW area. I've been reading this site for about 2 weeks.

My father is coming down monday the 15th with my boat (1980 basstracker) which we have restored over the last few months, and I want to show him a good time on the water as he has never caught a decent sized redfish. So far, I have read that glo/char, opening night and various other colors of sand eels/jr's are best around the weirs, and I have been on the lake before so I know where these places are. I was just wondering if jig head color makes a difference. We're both avid bass fisherman back north, so we prefer fishing hard and soft plastics rather than live/dead bait.

If we do end up catching anything, I'll post it in the user reports.AND, since i'm gonna have my boat here finally, I'm going to be fishing a whole lot more.
Looking forward to hitting the water. It's been a while.
mcjaredsandwich

Re: Jig head colors

Postby jsmoke222000 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:04 am

Welcome to the 411. If you are planning on going to the weirs, i would throw white, molting or natural Gulp shrimp either 2" or 3" on a 3/8 oz. jig head. The sand eels are awesome baits but the bite is better on Gulp @ the weirs right now. With all the rain, the marsh should be dumping pleny of fresh water into the lake. Salinity level will be way down for awhile. I use white, chartreuse & plain gray jig heads. I mostly use white when I'm throwing white baits. I am planning to make a trip on Sunday if the weather doens't go to crap before then. I'll post a report if i do go. Again, welcome to the site. See you on the lake.
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Re: Jig head colors

Postby Ray » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:31 am

I saw a saltwater fishing show while I was at work last week. They showed where fish are more attracted to yellow, then red, then black last. They didn't show anything about white.
So, yellow/chartruese would probably be more attractive to them from what I saw on TV.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Return to Tackle Shop