[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Jig head colors

• Advertisement
Premier Yahama Boating Centers Premier Yahama Boating Centers Premier Yahama Boating Centers

Jig head colors

Discuss all fishing tackle here. Rods, reels, lures, hooks, line, etc.

Jig head colors

Postby mcjaredsandwich » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:39 am

Hello biglake411 users!

I am a track and field athlete for the McNeese State track team. I hail from the DFW area. I've been reading this site for about 2 weeks.

My father is coming down monday the 15th with my boat (1980 basstracker) which we have restored over the last few months, and I want to show him a good time on the water as he has never caught a decent sized redfish. So far, I have read that glo/char, opening night and various other colors of sand eels/jr's are best around the weirs, and I have been on the lake before so I know where these places are. I was just wondering if jig head color makes a difference. We're both avid bass fisherman back north, so we prefer fishing hard and soft plastics rather than live/dead bait.

If we do end up catching anything, I'll post it in the user reports.AND, since i'm gonna have my boat here finally, I'm going to be fishing a whole lot more.
Looking forward to hitting the water. It's been a while.
mcjaredsandwich

Re: Jig head colors

Postby jsmoke222000 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:04 am

Welcome to the 411. If you are planning on going to the weirs, i would throw white, molting or natural Gulp shrimp either 2" or 3" on a 3/8 oz. jig head. The sand eels are awesome baits but the bite is better on Gulp @ the weirs right now. With all the rain, the marsh should be dumping pleny of fresh water into the lake. Salinity level will be way down for awhile. I use white, chartreuse & plain gray jig heads. I mostly use white when I'm throwing white baits. I am planning to make a trip on Sunday if the weather doens't go to crap before then. I'll post a report if i do go. Again, welcome to the site. See you on the lake.
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Re: Jig head colors

Postby Ray » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:31 am

I saw a saltwater fishing show while I was at work last week. They showed where fish are more attracted to yellow, then red, then black last. They didn't show anything about white.
So, yellow/chartruese would probably be more attractive to them from what I saw on TV.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Return to Tackle Shop