[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4860: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4862: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - skiiter walks

• Advertisement
Mercury Optimax Pro XS

skiiter walks

Discuss all fishing tackle here. Rods, reels, lures, hooks, line, etc.

skiiter walks

Postby fishaddict » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Ok, i've never been much of a topwater guy, but my recent experiences arent helping that. I have a horrible time with the skitters fouling on the cast. Usually the front hook wraps in the line. This happens nearly every cast if i use braid and every other cast with mono. Ive tried different rods and same results. 2different sizes, same thing. I like the idea of catching fish on topwater, but in practice it is a waste of fishing time for me. Any suggestions? Does anyone else have this problem?
fishaddict

skiiter walks

Postby ramosrecon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:45 pm

I wish I could help you but I have never had that problem with the skitter walks. I hope someone chimes in to help you. If you don't get a response PM Ray r Gerald that have been doing this longer then me and that might be able to help you.
C. Ramos
ramosrecon

2015 Mako 18 LTS

Re: skiiter walks

Postby wacotiger » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:01 pm

I have the same problem - I tried using a swivel and that didn't help at all either.
wacotiger

Postby Mansfield Kid » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:18 pm

I was on beaver lake here in Arkansas last week and was experimenting with the skitters. When I had a swivel/snap tied to the skitters, it was fouling every other time. I tied the line directly to the skitters and it was very rair for it to foul. I was using braid on a spinning reel.
Mansfield Kid

skiiter walks

Postby JAdams » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Loop knot
Adams Trophy Charters
Capt. Jared Adams
(337) 513-2760
JAdams

Postby fishaddict » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Thanks, jared. I'll give that a try.
fishaddict