[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Opening Night eels

• Advertisement
Superstick

Opening Night eels

Discuss all fishing tackle here. Rods, reels, lures, hooks, line, etc.

Opening Night eels

Postby Mako 1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:53 am

Placed an order on Jan 19 2010 with Norton Lures. As of this date have not received them, talked with Mr Norton today and he said they had a problem with the people that makes them and the material they used ate up the flakes and discolored them. Problem should be cleared up Two weeks min.
Does any of the stores around Lake Charles still have a supply of that color.
Last edited by Mako 1 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mako 1

2008 Kenner Mako 2201

Re: Opening Night eels

Postby Ray » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Academy never has them. I use the Deadly Dudley's, they work good and the color is a little brighter than Sand Eels.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby jsmoke222000 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:40 pm

I know academy is out for sure. Not sure about Lake Charles Tackle though. I agree with Ray though, the DD's are also a good alternative.
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby mcjaredsandwich » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:15 pm

I picked up 2 packs from LCT a couple weeks ago..they had packs at that time of the opening night jr's but I don't know how many they would have at this point.
mcjaredsandwich

Postby Ray » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:18 am

They are always short, no matter where you go. It seems like if they are selling out, must make more to keep up with demand.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby Jamie » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:45 pm

First time on Big Lake 411. Family just bought camp on the lake, and love it. New at fishing for trout and reds. Any help will be helpful. I rather use plastics but will use live bait to put a few in the boat. I enjoy finding my own spots and exploring the lake. Just would like a little advise on what not to use and when. Also what plastics work the best, I also like a 3/8 oz jig head is this a good weight?
Jamie

Postby jsmoke222000 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:03 am

The only places I would recommend using a 3/8 oz. jig head is @ the jetties or weirs with a strong tide. Fishing soft plastics over reefs I use 1/8 oz. jig heads. I will occasionally use 1/4 oz. in heavy winds. The lighter jig heads allow for more action in the lure. A 3/8 oz. jig head will just sink to the bottom quickly & doesn't allow for much action. As a general rule of thumb, you can't go wrong with any soft plastic that is glow color with a chartreuse tail. Opening night is also a very popular color. The particular lures really depend on what you are fishing for. Norton sand eels & sand eel jrs, deadly dudleys, cocahoe minnows, flappn shad, jerk jrs, super flukes, DOA's & paddle tail grubs are all wonderful lures & will catch fish on Calcasieu Lake. Live bait is always a good option if it is available. Right now, live shrimp under a popping cork seems to be the ticket. Welcome to the site. :cheers:
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby Gottogo49 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:36 am

Mr Jamie, Welcome to the lake and your newest fishing addiction. Where is your camp? Smoke is the Jedi Master on fishing but I occasionally use 3/8 oz jigs when fishing birds. Gives you a little extra distance and usually doesn't make it to the bottom anyway. I also use 1/4 or 3/8 oz for flounder when I want to stay on or close to the bottom. Gulp plastic is very good for flounder and reds. I agree 1/8 oz jigs give lots more action. Enjoy and keep in touch.
Gottogo49

Postby Jamie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:14 pm

The camp is on Pelican point road. It is the yellow one with the large fireplace. Thank you for the info will be on the water Saturday morning! :rockon:
Jamie

Return to Tackle Shop