[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - GPS/Fishfinder Combo

• Advertisement
Majek Boats

GPS/Fishfinder Combo

Discuss all fishing tackle here. Rods, reels, lures, hooks, line, etc.

GPS/Fishfinder Combo

Postby Pulloutnpray » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:54 am

I'm looking for a GPS/Fishfinder combo for around $500. Does anyone have any sugestions.
Pulloutnpray

Re: GPS/Fishfinder Combo

Postby Ray » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:07 pm

I have a Hummingbird combo., but don't like the GPS part. It isn't too user friendly.
I would recommend one that you can download/upload to and from a laptop.
My Hummingbird has to load maps from the satallite. I would rather be able to load
the maps I want and be able to make changes to the map, like you can on the Garmin.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby Mcooley777 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:52 am

Ray,
First time poster here but long time fisher of Big Lake. I have a Lowrance 68C. It is a dual GPS/Sonar combo that is user friendly, compact,detachable for security and theft reasons, easily installed, and moderately priced. I bought mine a few years ago from West Marine. I'm sure that, technologically speaking, there are newer and more elaborate models on the market now, but for the average weekend fisherman this would be an excellent choice. I can navigate throughout the lake, save waypoints or trails, and enter in specific GPS coordinates without having read the lengthy manual.
Mcooley777

Postby Ray » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:31 am

I can do the same with my Hummingbird also, but it takes too much time to save as a name. I save as a number the GPS gives me. If I use my Garmin, I can hook it up to my laptop and type in the name. Plus I can get better mapping. The Hummingbird maps are not as accurate as the Garmin maps. I can update the maps online when ever I want with the Garmin and still never lose my way points.
I can also save my maps to the computer or to a disk in case I ever lose them in the GPS, or lose the GPS. The software I got with my gormin is called Mapsource. If I get new coordinates from someone, I can input them into the software and download them all to the Garmin at the same time. I can also look at the maps on the laptop at night before I go fishing.
This helps when fishing in a different area.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby jsmoke222000 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:11 pm

I have a higher end humminbird & i like it.
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby markinlakecharles » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:53 pm

I recently purchased a Cuda 350 made by Eagle. It is a gps/sonar that for me does a very good joband is simple to use. The cost is great, $200 bucks complete. I am not a professional fisherman but I find the gps very accurate and the provided charts functionally useful. I ordered mine through bass pro but academy carries them too.
markinlakecharles

Return to Tackle Shop