[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Tackle for reds

• Advertisement
Mercury 4 Stroke 150

Tackle for reds

Discuss all fishing tackle here. Rods, reels, lures, hooks, line, etc.

Tackle for reds

Postby CajunBullett » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:27 pm

Hello all.. Been behind the south end of a northbound chainsaw all morning..taking a lil break and decided to cast a line of questions at ya'll... Im just getting started w the saltwater fishing, got a good ride (24' bayboat), been reading lots of posts here for tips, etc. My question if anyone wants to "tackle" it (haha) is what basic tackle (rods, reels lures) do I need. I've got lots of bass rigs ( 3 ambassadeur 5500, several spinning rigs, couple ole zebcos..etc. ... rods from 6 to 7.5 feet (1 8 footer) most every thing rigged from 10 to 15 lb test mostly mono. Do have some 20 ld on one rig. I got tackle boxes full of lures (im partial to crankbaits and have most every Rapala made) Gear bags of worms, crawfish, lizards and all that. Buddy of mine says I need to go get some cheap rigs cause saltwater eats em up. So my question is...For someone starting out...do I need to go with what I got (with maybe some tackle supplements) or do I need to invest in a set of saltwater gear. Be as specific as you got time for for the what I do need to have (like I picked up 2 packs of DOA shrimp in 1/4 oz and some Norton sand eel jrs 4" just to have). Thanks for your time! :fishin:
CajunBullett

Re: Tackle for reds

Postby CajunBullett » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:33 am

Never mind fellas.... Rainy day and I went back and read all the posts here. Got the info/answers I was after... Got a trip planned to BL for April 1st
CajunBullett

Postby CajunBullett » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Picked up a Penn FRC 4000 spincaster spooled w 12 lb test. Its on a St. Croix rod. Gotta wire leader w 1/2 oz. sinker and circle hook. Am ready to hit Big Lake for my first trip there next Wednesday... You guys wanna tell me the best place to give it a whirl? Weirs...which one? What about bait..Live shrimp...dead..? I'm excited about this trip!
CajunBullett

Postby jl8200 » Mon May 18, 2015 5:39 pm

Sorry dude tnis site is dead unfortunately. No one really uses it anymore. However find protected banks with grass/reeds in the main part of the lake. Moving water is important too. Reds are like bass they like structure. Reds can be found in the marshes too. Salty cajun is a more popular site these days . Many more people use it these days.
jl8200

Postby Randall Ingo » Tue May 19, 2015 7:07 am

Good Morning all,
I will be in Sulphur fishing next week.
Hows the water?
Thanks.
Randall Ingo

Return to Tackle Shop