[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4860: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4862: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Where do you get your tackle?

• Advertisement
Litem'Up Lures

Where do you get your tackle?

Discuss all fishing tackle here. Rods, reels, lures, hooks, line, etc.

Where do you get your tackle?

Postby jsmoke222000 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:40 am

I'm just trying to get a general idea of where you guys do most of your shopping for fishing tackle. We have some great sponsors on this site & I am hoping to get their products into the stores that you guys are going to. If you have the specific contact info of the store or if you know the manager/owner of the shop, that info would be very helpful too.

I look forward to your responses.

Also, I'm currently working on making some of our sponsors products available for purchase right here on the 411. Let me know if you have any ideas on that. :cheers:
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Re: Where do you get your tackle?

Postby 4Cowboys4Life » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:12 am

Order of frequency:

1. Wal-Mart
2. Academy
3. Lake Charles Tackle

Unfortunately, once again the big chain always is able to offer lower prices than the other guys. As well, Wal-Mart has a wide enough selection to where one can find something there that is going to catch fish.
4Cowboys4Life

Postby kenmore_mo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:13 am

I quit buying tackle at walmart, the stock is mostly crap, but on occasion you can find things. I am from the lafayette area and shop the country station in broussard, small tackle shop but very much loaded, decent prices
kenmore_mo

Postby 4Cowboys4Life » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:09 am

4Cowboys4Life

Postby Ray » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:21 am

LCT, Cormies and Academy.
Depending on what I am looking for.
I won't go out of my way to get Sand Eels, so I get them on the way to the lake at Cormies.
I get most of my offshore, topwater and hard jerk baits at LCT.
Jigheads from Academy when they are on sale.
I get my Jerk Jr's. from a guy on another fishing site. He gave me a buttload when he first went into business and
I also won 2 gallon bags of soft plastics in a fishing tournament last year. And I got a few free samples of some
TTF lures at the Houston Boat Show and the Houston Fishing Show from HR&G.

I HATE Walmart. I don't go there unless it is the only place that has something I am looking for. Traffic is bad,
parking sucks, lot of what they have is cheap and breaks easy. I hate that place. I live close to it too. But I hate it.

I also stop at Cabelas in Gonzelas on my way home from work. I work out of Venice and Cabelas is half way home.
It is my pit stop. I use their bathrooms cause they are clean, I eat a sandwich upstairs and I walk and stretch my
legs for 30 minutes or so looking at what's new. Their prices are usually kinda high, I don't buy much there, except
in the summer when they have a big clearance sale.
I get my 8mm Mauser bullets from there. I can get 100 bullets for around $100. Anywhere else I pay $25 for 20 bullets.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby 4Cowboys4Life » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:18 pm

4Cowboys4Life

Postby SaltyShaw » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:48 pm

1) Academy
2) The Tackle Box
3) Lake Charles Tackle
4) Wally-World
Capt. Kade Shaw
SaltyShaw

Postby tgsx750f2000 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:18 pm

I'm from jennings but my order is academy and sometimes wal-mart here but they don't stock much at this one other than some gulp.
tgsx750f2000

1995 astro 17cc

Postby ramosrecon » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:24 pm

1) The Tackle Box
2) Academy
3) Bass Pro Shop Online

If I could find everything I wanted online I would order that way so I would never leave the house to fight traffic. I can not say how much I hate Wal-Mart due to several things my top or rude employee, 50 regester line and two open and traffic sucks. All tackle and rods and reels or from The Tackle Box.
C. Ramos
ramosrecon

2015 Mako 18 LTS

Postby Ray » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:00 pm

I have Billy Stix rods and my reels come from a couple of fellers I know who can get me Shimano's for a lot less than any store.
Just have to wait a week or so for them to come in.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Next

Return to Tackle Shop