[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - BUYING MY BOAT IN A MONTH!!!

• Advertisement
Majek Boats

BUYING MY BOAT IN A MONTH!!!

General boating discussion (boats, motors, marine electronics & accessories)

BUYING MY BOAT IN A MONTH!!!

Postby RigRatNoMeaux » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:44 am

ok guys, its that time finally, im going to buy a new boat. I have never owned a NEW boat. I might be scared to scratch it, lol. But anyways i wanted a few suggestions.
Length: 21 or 24?
Make: nautic star, haynie, majek, champion, etc.....
Accessories??

Keep in mind that i will do a bunch of rig hopping also, so i need a boat to handle the gulf as well as handle the shallows. I want one fully loaded but i want to know the best electronics to get and which ones to get. Let me know how you feel, i want to get my hands on those keys ASAP!!!!
thanks in advance.
A BAD day of fishing is always better then a GOOD day at work!!!
RigRatNoMeaux

2002 alumacraft 16 ft, side console

Re: BUYING MY BOAT IN A MONTH!!!

Postby Hydro » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:07 am

There are allot of good boats out there, all have pro's and con's... I have been very pleased with my Pathfinder (which is for sale) as it does everthing from skinny to deep water and all in between...

Have fun making your decision...

Hydro
Hydro

Postby Ray » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 pm

21' is plenty for inland and along the coast. The longer the boat, the better the ride.
In my opinion, Garmin makes the best GPS.
Get a saltwater rated trolling motor.
Be sure the deck hatches have gutters and gaskets to keep the water out of the holds and storage area.
Get pop up cleats, rod holders and check for walking around room. Jack plates and trim tabs are great too.
If you are going offshore, I would get no less than a 50 gallon gas tank.
Go with a dealer that will let you test ride a new or used one to check the ride and handling.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby fishintechnician82 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:13 pm

i think you should buy your business partner (best friend) a 22' tournament edition nautic star :rockon: :cheers: :rockon:
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!
fishintechnician82

Postby Ray » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:06 pm

Click on the boat sponsors we have on Biglake411 and see if they will give you a deal.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby drewc » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:51 pm

I have been very pleased with my BlueWave Pure Bay 22 w/Yammi 225. It has a 60 gal tank, handles rough stuff pretty well. Get a VHF radio and trim tabs if you plan to fish offshore. Mine has them and they make a big difference in rough water ride quality. Let me know if you want more details or pictures. Good luck - lots of great choices out there.
Blue Wave PureBay 2200/Yamaha F225
drewc

Postby coolhand » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:57 am

I know a guy with a custom aluminum 23' with two 150 Mercurys. It's called the ClaireB. You should buy that one! :LMAO: (inside joke)
coolhand

Postby beaux beaux » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Best of luck on buying your boat. I am expecting my new BlueWave PureBay 2400 at the end of March, first of April.
I studied on boats for nearly 2 years before deciding on a BlueWave. You can spend a lot more and a lot less, but after lots of comparisons
the BlueWave has the most standard options for the money. (trim tabs, jack plate, swim ladder, etc). Also, since I ordered my boat, and am having
a custom built leaning post installed, the folks at the factory are installing aluminum reinforcing under the deck especially for my application.
When it gets here I'll give an update.
beaux beaux

Postby RigRatNoMeaux » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:20 am

please do. Where is the nearest Haynie dealer from Lake Charles?
A BAD day of fishing is always better then a GOOD day at work!!!
RigRatNoMeaux

2002 alumacraft 16 ft, side console

Postby bayboatman » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:36 am

My name is Paul I carry many lines of boats. Call me so we can talk. Paul Cormier 409-840-4111 Dawson Marine
pcormier@premier-yamaha.com
Houston, Tx.
281-443-2885
bayboatman

Next

Return to The Boat Shed