[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4860: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4862: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Boat cleaner and wax

• Advertisement
TFO Rods

Boat cleaner and wax

General boating discussion (boats, motors, marine electronics & accessories)

Boat cleaner and wax

Postby JAdams » Fri May 06, 2011 11:20 pm

What's best boat cleaner out there that's non abrasive that wks? Also guy told me bout this cleaner/wax u just wipe on don't have to buff its for use between those every 2 mos paste wax it's called "pink stuff" actual name 25 a gallon google it guy swears buy it. I used to just use simple green but guy said it etches gel coat
Adams Trophy Charters
Capt. Jared Adams
(337) 513-2760
JAdams

Re: Boat cleaner and wax

Postby ramosrecon » Sat May 07, 2011 6:33 pm

My boat is an 2001 and it shines better than when I got it. I had a guy that does paint and body come over and we buffed it down with the wet sand and a polish. He advised me to use water and a car soap to wash it and the spray on wipe off wax in between the regular waxing it gets which is ever 6 months or so. The wax I use is the one he said he uses all the time on his boat which is a 96 or 97 bay boat and it shines. The wax is the high end mothers and when I pull my boat out the water and wipe it down with a towel the schum line that is on there some times just wipes away. No hard scrubbing when I get home and no yellow line forms either. Also save your back and get you a buffer (angle grinder) and a form waffle pad. Put the wax on and comes off in less time than it took to put it on. Also a orbiting buffer is the worse buffer to use according to him. Have no reason to not believe him he has been in business a long time and his rides and mine have started looking better when I switched over to his way of doing things.
C. Ramos
ramosrecon

2015 Mako 18 LTS

Postby JAdams » Sun May 08, 2011 2:38 am

thanks ramos
Adams Trophy Charters
Capt. Jared Adams
(337) 513-2760
JAdams

Postby Ray » Sun May 08, 2011 1:36 pm

3M Cleaner Wax will take off rust stains and scum stains.
3M Restorer Wax will take off the top layer of chalky oxidation.
I would use a wax for fiberglass, but that is just my opinion.
I use a high speed buffer and pad to put the wax on with.
After you wipe it off, use something like Rejex polish.
Just put the polish on with an orbital buffer then wipe off.
Water spots and salt will rinse off real easy.
Polish makes it twice as easy to keep clean as just wax.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby JAdams » Sun May 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Ray I heard high speed buffers can cut through ur gel coat I heard low to medium speed buffer but I guess if u know what ur doing it's ok
Adams Trophy Charters
Capt. Jared Adams
(337) 513-2760
JAdams

Postby Ray » Sun May 08, 2011 8:38 pm

It won't, if your fiberglass is clean.
I am not an expert, but I do wax my own boats.
I have a 30 year old Chris Craft. The hull looks less than 10 years old.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby ramosrecon » Thu May 12, 2011 6:55 am

The buffer I use is a Dewalt 7.5 inch angle grinder I was looking at the other name brands out there and they were 10 times heaver than the Dewalt that is why I chose that one. The foam waffle pad will keep you from burning or damaging you gel coat. If you would like a demo from the wet sand to the buff and what polish I use just hit me up. I was shown what to do by somebody who does this for a living and dont mind passing it on if anything should make a video and get smoke to post it because I woud never figure it out I can barley post pictures.
C. Ramos
ramosrecon

2015 Mako 18 LTS

Postby ramosrecon » Thu May 12, 2011 6:57 am

Another note everything Ray is telling you is true I just do mine another way because my gel coat wasn't clean and I was shown that way.
C. Ramos
ramosrecon

2015 Mako 18 LTS

Postby JAdams » Thu May 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Thanks guys
Adams Trophy Charters
Capt. Jared Adams
(337) 513-2760
JAdams

Postby Ray » Fri May 13, 2011 6:50 am

I bought a $27 variable speed buffer from Harbor Freight. Been having for 3 years, good so far.
I get the buffing pads from them too.
I use an old orbital buffer for the polish.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Return to The Boat Shed