[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4860: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4862: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Finally ordered my new boat

• Advertisement
Majek Boats

Finally ordered my new boat

General boating discussion (boats, motors, marine electronics & accessories)

Re: Finally ordered my new boat

Postby SaltyShaw » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:17 pm

Man that thing is sick bro congrats on the sled!!
Im really diggin those gun metal wheels!
Capt. Kade Shaw
SaltyShaw

Postby drakstep » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:51 pm

K, i guess ill ask since no one else is going too. How do these boats ride in rougher water as compared to deeper model hulls like Nautic Star, or Blue Wave? I really like the looks of these but really want something that will handle some swells and keep dry.
drakstep

Postby ramosrecon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:35 pm

I have personally rode in this boat several times in the most unpleasant weather conditions and I will say it is super smooth and I have never gotten wet. I recall one time doing 50 plus across big lake with some rollers and white caps on top and never missed a beat. It was like riding on the lake on a glass smooth day.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
C. Ramos
ramosrecon

2015 Mako 18 LTS

Postby drakstep » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:18 pm

just had to :bs:
drakstep

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:19 pm

The dealer in Beaumont will give you a test ride. They brought one over to Lake Charles for test rides before.
They will do what it takes to sell them. I would see if they will give you a ride in rough weather.
Or get Jsmoke to give you a ride in his.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby drakstep » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:01 pm

leaving for Venice sunday. maybe someone down there will have one.. i do believe they are nice but smooth as glass with white caps is kind of hard to believe..
drakstep

Postby ramosrecon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:34 pm

There is video of that and some worse smells than big lake when we had to come in the Cameron jetties. The video was on, kill switch hooked up which never happens and not a drop of water in the boat. Maybe Jsmoke can post a clip of that video for the non believers.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
C. Ramos
ramosrecon

2015 Mako 18 LTS

Postby jsmoke222000 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:55 am

I would be more than happy to take you for a boat ride any time you would like to go. I'm not really sure what types of boats you are used to riding in, but the Majek extreme 2200 is not built like a bay boat which have a deep "V". My boat is built to run on a pad like a bass boat. This boat rides completely different than any bay boat you have ever ridden in, I can assure you of that.

I am currently @ work & do not have any videos on my work computer. Gulfsouth33, Ramosrecon & Ray have all 3 ridden in my boat & I'm sure they will give you their opinion on the ride quality.

Just let me know when you want to take it for a test drive.
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby B Dub » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Now you've got me looking forward to buying my next boat! Very nice boat.
B Dub

2012 Alweld 1648 VLA

Postby drakstep » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:23 pm

I am a bass fisherman turning to saltwater so ive been any lots of bass boats. My current boat is a 09 champion cx190 which is pretty damn smooth and handles great, however the only bay boat ive ever been in is a 19'kenner. the bay handles bigger waves pretty well but thats what got me thinking when i saw the Majek. They are built like a bass boat and some of the rollers ive been in in the bay boat id never try in my bass boat. I must say have a nice rig and if i do take u up on the test ride probably will be my next boat.
drakstep

PreviousNext

Return to The Boat Shed