[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Steering problems

• Advertisement
TFO Rods

Steering problems

General boating discussion (boats, motors, marine electronics & accessories)

Steering problems

Postby ronaldg » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:43 am

Got an 09 Xpress with 115 Suzuki. Going slow it turns easily and trimmed up turns easily but on plane trimmed down takes all of my 250 lbs to turn to the left. Have adjusted it every way possible. Do I need a new cable or gut up and add hydraulic steering??? Thanks
ronaldg

Re: Steering problems

Postby Ray » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:09 am

Most cable steering cables can be lubricated.
If it is only while running, check the annode above the prop.
That sometimes makes it hard to hold a straight line and hard to turn in one direction.
If it is gone, replace it. It helps with prop walk.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby backlash » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:14 am

I had a mariner that had no zerts for greasing. Every spring I had to bust the cable loose because the metal corroded. I'd take a pipe wrench and bang the crap out of it, and eventually get it free. Finally got so bad I replaced the cable but still no way to grease it. I replaced it with a Honda this year and it has a zert.
backlash

Postby Ray » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:37 pm

You can buy the nut with a zerk on it. You could in the past. Last 2 boats I had were hydraulic steering.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Return to The Boat Shed