[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Aluminum Boat Liner?

• Advertisement
Egret Baits Vudu Shrimp

Aluminum Boat Liner?

General boating discussion (boats, motors, marine electronics & accessories)

Aluminum Boat Liner?

Postby duckbuckhunter36 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:29 am

I have been kicking around the idea of adding a spray in bed liner to my 16' Alumaweld boat. It's powered by a 25 yamaha ('89). Any of you guys out there had any experience as to what type to use? I've done the research on proper prep for the application, just don't want to get into it and have any regrets. I've also thought about putting in GatorTrax Hydroturf, instead of the spray in liner. Any thoughts, assistance is greatly appreciated.
duckbuckhunter36

Re: Aluminum Boat Liner?

Postby Ray » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:15 am

There are marine applications that are about the same as bed liner spray in/roll in liners, but cost a lot more.
I don't think there is any difference for aluminum boats.
I'd do a test on the front deck and see how it turns out before doing the whole boat.
One word of caution, it will make the boat a lil more heavy, but it will also dampen the sound of waves slapping the boat, which is good.
Find out how much weight it will add before doing the whole boat. Might slow it down a lil with the extra weight. I don't know how much that stuff weighs.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby duckbuckhunter36 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:30 am

That's the kind of info that I am currently looking into, but don't think that I'll know until the liner is actually in place, before seeing the results. Of course, I don't think that I will be out trying to race anyone, but still would like to be able to get to my spot before sundown. Noise deadening and comfortability is my main reasoning behind this.
duckbuckhunter36

Postby B Dub » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:57 pm

You could always get a 1x1 peice of wood or aluminum, weigh it, then spray it with bedliner. Afterwards weigh it again and calculate the difference...then measure roughly the square footage of the areas you will be applying it, and add it all up.
B Dub

2012 Alweld 1648 VLA

Postby duckbuckhunter36 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:27 pm

I've chose to go with the Hydraturf, for the bottom inside of the boat. Less costs + equal effects - weight = happy fisher. Thanks for y'alls input. Just seemed to make much more sense.
duckbuckhunter36

Return to The Boat Shed