[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Mapping Software

• Advertisement
TFO Rods

Mapping Software

General boating discussion (boats, motors, marine electronics & accessories)

Mapping Software

Postby efaulk1 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:51 am

Hey guys,
For those of you that are like me and don't know the lake very well, there is a software program available that I find useful. Its called OpenCPN (opencpn.org). Its a free download from the site. Its a map viewing program that allows you to download maps from different sources and view them. There are multile map sources available on the site including links to NOAA. I've only downloaded one map from NOAA so far, but the detail and points on interest are pretty good. It also gives real time current and water level data in the map. The instructions are fairly easy to follow as well. I just found this today, and I believe it does much more than I know. I believe it may be able to link to a GPS unit as well.
efaulk1

Return to The Boat Shed