[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Water Snake Trolling Motors

• Advertisement
Coastline Trailers

Water Snake Trolling Motors

General boating discussion (boats, motors, marine electronics & accessories)

Postby Suthrngntlmn » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Does anyone have any experience with the WaterSnake Brand Trolling Motors? They have been very popular in Australia for years and are starting to be sold here. I am looking at the ASSAULT SWSB54/54, saltwater, 54 lb thrust, 54" composite shaft, 12 v model. This model runs about $350.00 less than the Minn Kota 55lb, and yes I know you get what you pay for and it does have a 2 year warranty; and all the reviews I have seen are positive. So anyhow has anyone seen or heard about them or have one?
Suthrngntlmn

Re: Water Snake Trolling Motors

Postby Suthrngntlmn » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Guess not. Well wish me luck, I'm going for it and will give a review on it at a later date.
Suthrngntlmn

Postby ramosrecon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:23 pm

Please give a full report if you do decide to go for it. I wish I had so info to help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Apple dominating the WORLD
C. Ramos
ramosrecon

2015 Mako 18 LTS

Postby 99scout76 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:49 pm

I just so happen to have that exact tolling motor. Unfortunately I just saw your post.. Anyway I have had it on my boat for about 4 months now and run it in both salt and fresh water. it works pretty well only complaint is no matter how tight or loose you attach it to the mount it can be somewhat difficult to turn which for me has resulted in the tiller to have a slight amount of "play" in it when you move it. Other than that it runs strong and works well. A day late and a dollar short but hope this helps.
99scout76

Postby Suthrngntlmn » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Well I finally got to use my new trolling motor after having to get my 50hp Yammy's carbs cleaned because of the ethanol bug. The water snake in my opinion is top notch for the money you pay. It's strong, quiet and operates smoothly. I have also noticed it is pretty tight to move but not excessive in my opinion and I have been able to loosen it some so it may just be an issue of it being new. I am going to try spraying liquid graphite on the mount when I go back out.
Suthrngntlmn

Return to The Boat Shed