[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4860: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4862: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Nautic star or Blue wave pure?

• Advertisement
Egret Baits

Nautic star or Blue wave pure?

General boating discussion (boats, motors, marine electronics & accessories)

Re: Nautic star or Blue wave pure?

Postby Oldfrog » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:29 am

RE: Jerry's:

My friend bought a new boat there 3 years ago. It took them over a year to find the paperwork for his trailer....and even then, they ended up giving him another trailer.

I was fishing in my boat on Big Lake a few years ago on a Sunday,,,,went to the old car wash at Holly Beach ( pre Rita)...and noticed a cross member on my trailer beginning to crack and split. I was staying at the Hampton in Sulphur anyway....so I limped up 27 and saw someone in the rear of Jerry's place....obviously working. I pulled up to the gate, got his attention and asked if I could PAY HIM to use his welder...because I was a long way from Shreveport and was worried about my trailer. This guy...whoever he was....was a total jerk....saying " WE ARE CLOSED!". I explained that I was aware of that fact and just thought he would be willing to help me out. I'd be in and out of there in 15 min, I said....and I'd pay him well for the use of his welder....or to have him tack it for me. He became even more rude.

I said...Ok....."I see that you're a Kenner dealer. ( before Tracker bought them out)....my brother is in most of the Kenner ads and knows Bill Kenner quite well. When he's not in the ads...he's driving the photo boat for Jim Olive....who shoots all Kenner's ad photos. I'll be sure and pass your arrogant attitude to Bill, the next time we go spend a weekend at his home in Arkansas."

Long story short...I located a welder through my friend in Lake Charles.. It took me all of 15 min to weld the trailer. And yes...I called my brother about Jerry's. He said : "He's been an a-hole for years...but I'll pass it on to Bill".

I wouldnt spend a single dime in that place. It's too bad, too. He could sell more boats if he'd practice a little common courtesy.
Oldfrog

Postby bayboatman » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:01 pm

I sell Haynie custom bayboats in Sulphur, La. I sold Bluewave for the last 2 yrs. Give me a call at 337-558-5451 my name is Paul
pcormier@premier-yamaha.com
Houston, Tx.
281-443-2885
bayboatman

Postby Specks-n-Reds » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:08 am

I bought a bay boat from Jerry's back in the late 90's and never had any issues with the people there. I dealt with Jerry and he gave me a good deal on the boat but then again it was over 10 years ago and it seems like things have changed there a lot since then.
Specks-n-Reds

Postby JAdams » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:57 am

I've seen this guy w trailer bash jerrys several times num 1 jerrys doesn't have welding machine so that's prolly why they didn't weld ur stuff 2nd of all a mechanic that's n the yd on his off day doesn't care about making 50 bucks these guys already wk 6 days a week so yea I don't blame the guy for not wanting to help on his off day 3 rd jerry would fire the guy for using his shop to make money. It's a business needs to be checked in at service shop. Haynie is a good boat but has a lot of wood they r nice boats just don't know how long they last don't know any1 that's kept one 10 yrs every1 I know gets a new haynie every 3 to 5 yrs... U just don't see any old haynies on lake... Could be they don't hold up.. Don't know but they r considerably cheaper
Adams Trophy Charters
Capt. Jared Adams
(337) 513-2760
JAdams

Previous

Return to The Boat Shed