[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4860: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4862: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Nautic star or Blue wave pure?

• Advertisement
Majek Boats

Nautic star or Blue wave pure?

General boating discussion (boats, motors, marine electronics & accessories)

Re: Nautic star or Blue wave pure?

Postby Ray » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:25 am

I have a co-worker who has a Hydra Sport Bay Bolt. It came standard with the jump seats, radio and raw water washdown.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby gatortrax35 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:06 pm

gatortrax35

Postby jsmoke222000 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Mine has a wash down too.
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby catch.and.fillet » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:52 pm

IMO if this is your first boat, find one that's a year or two old and that you can sell! Buy it from a dealer, you might pay a little more for it than you would from private but the dealer will answer all of your questions and stand behind it. You'd be surprised how many boats are returned/sold after a year. I bought mine from Rockport Marine. I went over there looked at what he had on the lot and made friendly with the salesman and told him what I was looking for not being specific about brand or model. I also visited about 6 other dealers in that area. I also went as far east as New Orleans. I left each one giving just the basic things I wanted: lengths, draft, how many persons, use, etc. My Ranger was 18 mos old with 50 hours on the motor and I paid slightly more than JSmoke did. The guy traded it in for a new 2410. This was the third time this sack of money did that moving up each time. I saved a ton of money. The key is "time and patience". I waited about 4 months before the right deal came up. I must have looked at 25 - 35 boats new and used.and took at least 10 water tests. Patience pays off.

This is my second boat. First one I bought new and took a bath when I had to sell it because of relocation two years later.
catch.and.fillet

2008 Ranger 2400 Bay Ranger

Postby littlewhitespeck » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:20 pm

I also recommend staying away from Jerry's Marine. I think their business is mainly with guides. I went their twice with the money to buy a boat (up to 40,000) and left because no one would speak, just give you that "who the hell are you look". Also bought a motor in Baton Rouge because they wouldn't come down 200 dollars to match the price. They can keep everything they have. Just my 2 cents, but I've met a lot of others with the same opinion.
littlewhitespeck

Postby jsmoke222000 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:35 pm

jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby rams1970 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:19 am

I am really not bashing anyone, I have had terrible experiences with Jerry's Marine. Matter of fact when I left there I told him that I would pay 6,000 more for a boat before I do business with him. I bought a 09 Nautic Star 22' last year from Texas marine amd when I went to Texas marine the guy asked why I did not go locas and I told him my reasons. jerry was very rude to me. I would not recommend anyone that i know to him. This is my opinion, take as needed.
rams1970

Postby catch.and.fillet » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Lemme chip in here. I had a problem with my Yammy on the Sunday after Christmas. Ran it through a shallow area Sunday afternoon and I thought it wasnt peeing right and water pressure looked low. Tried to blow it out by flushing and it still didn't seem right. Went over on Monday and the sign said "closed" but Jerry was in there getting things warmed up for his employees to take inventory. He agreed to take a look at it, blew out the trash with a hi pressure hook up and didn't want to charge me a dime. I gave him $40 anyway for his employees' lunches.

I also took my Yammy over there a month earlier for my 100 hour service. No problems. Charged me as estimated. I have no issue with jerry's.

I couldn' t get the woman at Lake Charles Marine (?) to return my calls prior to trying Jerry's. I never even went over there.
catch.and.fillet

2008 Ranger 2400 Bay Ranger

Postby gatortrax35 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:36 pm

gatortrax35

Postby jsmoke222000 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:19 pm

LOL
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

PreviousNext