[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Fishing Line Damaging Lower Unit

• Advertisement
Litem'Up Lures

Fishing Line Damaging Lower Unit

General boating discussion (boats, motors, marine electronics & accessories)

Postby wacotiger » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:15 pm

We had to replace our lower unit last spring due to fishing line caught in our motor that melted and caused the oil to leak out of the lower unit. We have 200 HPDI 2 stroke Yamaha on a 22 foot Pathfinder boat. This past weekend, we discovered that it happened again. Has anyone else had this problem at Big Lake? We have a camp in Old Settlement where we store our boat (sometimes on a lift), but mostly launch at Hebert's. We are at a loss as to how to prevent this from happening again. Fortunately, we have insurance coverage for the damage to the motor, but we would like to figure out if we are doing everything to prevent this from happening again. Any advice? Should we be inspecting the motor after each use? If so, how?
wacotiger

Re: Fishing Line Damaging Lower Unit

Postby Ray » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:28 pm

I have heard of it a lot, but never had the issue on my boats.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby troutdog41 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:47 pm

I know this is an old post, but I have same motor on a ranger intercostal and it's happened to me before, 2 years ago in big lake. This spring I was getting ready to head to chicot state park to bass fish and look at prop and could see string sticking out. I took prop of got string out and was on my way in about five minutes. So yes in spect mine every time I return home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
troutdog41

Postby PD Fisher » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:25 am

I inspect mine regularly. Also get the word out about the problem. The people who are carelessly throwing their old line in the water also have boat motors. Maybe they'll stop and think next time.
PD Fisher

cheap moncler jackets me ha creado mi

Postby Marvinmet » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:30 am

Moncler Coat are the most universal item of clothing ever created and are really simple to be matched with an easy tank top. And this let many fashion men deeply fond of Moncler men jackets. Simple dressing but not the simple style!
<a href=http://www.cschn.ca/qiegao8.html>ugg boots uk</a> <a href="http://moncleruk.prjgroup.co.kr">cheap moncler</a> You know, the biggest catch with winter wear is which end up making appear like a teddy bear at cash necessary of staying warm. Nicely be seeking unique winter jackets which have been not just warm and cozy but look smart also! I imagine that your hunt stops at cheap moncler jackets.
Why not try carrying a handbag. It certainly is fun to see handbags numerous colors within it. Especially if the handbag was created with something and playful that even kids would enjoy staring at. You just appear to be a child again thereafter it forces you to happy. moncler jackets mens handbag created with coated canvas that merely looks so adorable. The best handbag may you at ease and fashion accessory.
<a href=http://www.cschn.ca/qiegao5.html>ugg boots outlet</a> They make the perfect way maintain your fashion feeling alive in every season. Whenever wear warm and stylish of them, you will can't help falling for each other with confidence and personality that Moncler jackets provide you! As for a famous brand, Moncler is excersice in the fashion world, carries on launch as well as more more fashion its gardgets to meet more people's fashion purposes.
Marvinmet

Return to The Boat Shed