[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Suzuki 225 4 stroke

• Advertisement
Majek Boats

Suzuki 225 4 stroke

General boating discussion (boats, motors, marine electronics & accessories)

Suzuki 225 4 stroke

Postby fontfont » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:42 pm

:banghead: My motor lately lost 400 RPM. It was running 5200 and and now only 4800. I had the filters changed last fall. It was running fine till about 6 weeks ago. Several times out the hole it would run 4000 and then I stopped the engine. I took off again and it did fine. It runs all day and never misses or skips. I had a spare prop that needed work so I took it and had it re pitched from a 23 to a 21. Put that prop on and still never gained any RPM. I had a compression check on it last year and then again 3 months ago. Everything good on compression. I was told by a friend that it may be another filter that they didnt change. I was wondering what yall think.
fontfont

Re: Suzuki 225 4 stroke

Postby Ray » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:48 pm

That sounds strange.
Be sure to check the condition of the bottom of your hull.
Growth on the bottom will affect your speed.
There might be a screen somewhere under the cover, but the main filter should catch most trash.
An engine shop should be able to put it on a computer and find anything wrong with it pretty quick.

If it wasn't the engine, it would be the hull or prop.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby fontfont » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Bottom clean. Tried two props. Still same RPM
fontfont

Postby blong » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:40 pm

check linkage may have slipped.the boat ramp in port neches can help you they are a suzuki dealership.
blong

2010 sea fox 225 bs

Return to The Boat Shed