[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4860: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4862: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - trolling batteries

• Advertisement
FINS Fishing

trolling batteries

General boating discussion (boats, motors, marine electronics & accessories)

trolling batteries

Postby herb fink » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:31 am

need to know what yall think of the academy stowaway 730 amp deep cycle trolling batteries...
herb fink

Re: trolling batteries

Postby Ray » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:54 am

There are only a hand full of companies in the US that builds batteries. But they build all batteries to the customers specs.
You might have 100 battery brands that are built in 3 or 4 factories, they just brand them differently with stickers on the outside
and are built to each brands specs.
Brands with good reputations probably spend more money building them, that is why they have better warranties.
So if you buy a cheap battery, there is a reason it is cheap. I would buy only US made batteries with the best warranty.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby cajunredfish07 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:50 pm

I agree with Ray...I have 4 Interstate batteries hooked up to my trolling motor with a Minn Kota 440 bank charger..When Jsmoke and I were in Venice we did some serious trolling in all that grass..and it never missed a beat...I think the BEST batteries for troll motor is the Optima Blue top gel battery..but it is expensive..$159 a battery at Sam's. I use to use the Stowaway brand but they never seemed to hold up, I was always charging them and would wear down fast. that is just my opinion...
TFO Signature Rods Pro Staff
FINS Lines Pro Staff
Nemire Lures Pro Staff
Reaction Strike Lures Pro Staff
Mercury Pro Team
Haynie Boats
Chris's Marine
Rejuvanade
Rat-L-Trap Lures
Tops-N-Towers
cajunredfish07

2011 Haynie Z21

Postby Gottogo49 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:49 am

Where is the best place to buy interstate batteries?
I agree with your opinion of the stowaways.
Gottogo49

Postby jsmoke222000 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:14 am

Not sure if Sams sells them or not. I know Sams is the cheapest place to get the blue top optimas though.
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby herb fink » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:46 pm

guys, thanks for responding to my inquiry about the academy 730 amp trolling motor battery...while i was waiting for your responses, i got on the internet for a tutorial on deep-cycle batteries and was amazed! it's no wonder i have purchased 30+ trolling motor batteries in my fishing career, i never bought a true deep-cycle battery in the first place. after reviewing this/these internet i've discovered that over all these years i've been buying these "dual" purpose deep-cycle starting batteries. according to these articles, the dual purpose battery will not perform anywhere near to what a true deep-cycle will. since i seldom have problems with strarting batteries, and only need the trolling motor batteries, i've decided that i will limp along on the old batteries until i can purchase 2 top-notch specifically deep-cycle batteries. i've looked at the blue top optimas, and they are looking like my next purchase, but i would appreciate any other words of wisdom you could forward...again, thanks for your imput!
herb fink

Postby Ray » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:59 pm

At bass pro 750 cca is $200. 800 cca is $210 and 900 cca is $240.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby Ray » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:41 pm

Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Return to The Boat Shed