[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4860: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4862: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - minn kota talon

• Advertisement
TFO Rods

minn kota talon

General boating discussion (boats, motors, marine electronics & accessories)

minn kota talon

Postby redfish freak » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Just wonderin if anybody has tried the new Minn Kota Talon yet. Thinkin about buying one myself.
redfish freak

Re: minn kota talon

Postby Ray » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Thinking about it. There is 1 on display at Jorgensen Maeine in Beaumont. Hooked up to battery and controls.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby Xpress21 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:48 am

Been having one for a couple months and already had to get it replaced the composite rod fell out completely so they replaced the whole thing for free, i wasn't pleased when this happened but i was told mine was the only one they had sold that had an issue so far. Haven't been out on the water again with the new one, before it broke i was plaesed with how fast it worked and how quiet it is. if you plan on getting one shopping online is they way to go because you can find alot better deals than from the people around here that have them in the store.
Xpress21

Postby redfish freak » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:59 am

Thanks for the info. Think I'll order one today off the net.
redfish freak

Postby Mako241 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:33 am

Any updates on how the talon is holding up?
Mako241

Postby jsmoke222000 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:43 am

Ray bought one. I'm sure he will chime in soon with a review.
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby JAdams » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 am

Talon gets in the way of person fishin on back deck power pole can be tilted down where it's out the way. Just something to think about. Guides prefer the powerpole
Adams Trophy Charters
Capt. Jared Adams
(337) 513-2760
JAdams

Postby CenturyMan » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:11 pm

I've had one since the Spring. Love it, very fast. Surprised me how well it worked in rough water. It's electric-unlike the power pole, so there won't be any hydralic issues. If it ever fails, it can be cranked up manually with a 7/16" wrench (I keep one on board just in case), so there is no worry about getting stuck in the down position. It does stay in the upright position (telescoping), but isn't an issue in my boat (usually only 2, sometimes 3 on board). Deffinately get the 8' model. I saw them recently online for $1450 - I believe the site was directtaclke.com. I have not had any issues with mine - highly reccomend.
CenturyMan

Postby Ray » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:42 pm

I got one. Very simple to install. Just 2 wires, 12 vdc + and 12 vdc - to hook up. If you want an alarm to go off when you turn the switch on while the talon is down, you can hook up the 3rd wire. No hydraulics to hook up. It is just a tad higher than the motor, so it really doesn't get in the way any more than the engine does.

I have never used the Power Pole, so I cannot compare it.

So far, so good for me. I know of 2 people who have had issues with theirs, but know a lot more who have had issues with Power Poles. But Power Pole has been out a lot longer.
I got mine for around $1240 plus $60 for a mounting bracket to go under the motor bracket. I couldn't get behind my transom with my hands to mount to the transom.

I like it a lot, especially when fishing alone or with my wife. She makes so much noise when putting down the regular anchor.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby fishintechnician82 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:53 pm

Get on YouTube and type in power pole test. These guys drop two power poles wile running wide open, take off with both of them down, and drag them over rocks and can't brake them. I really don't see the talon holding up to that kind of abuse but that's just my opinion.
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!
fishintechnician82

Next

Return to The Boat Shed