[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4860: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4862: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - TFO Rods - BigLake411 Members - Try it before you buy it!

• Advertisement
Egret Baits Kick-A-Mullet

TFO Rods - BigLake411 Members - Try it before you buy it!

Which TFO rod are you most interested in trying?

Casting
23%
Spinning
6%
6'
1%
6'6"
6%
7'
30%
7'6"
5%
ML
5%
M
16%
MH
7%
H
No votes

Total votes : 82

Re: TFO Rods - BigLake411 Members - Try it before you buy i

Postby JAdams » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:14 am

7ft medium saltwater and 6'6 mh fresh
Adams Trophy Charters
Capt. Jared Adams
(337) 513-2760
JAdams

Postby jsmoke222000 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:55 am

Just an update on the rods... I talked to TFO on Wednesday (25th). The rods were being shipped UPS ground. I should have them this coming Tuesday or Wednesday. Fontfont still has a 7' medium casting rod. Hopefully he will get to use it soon & pass it along to the next guy in line. :spank:
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby Ray » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:13 pm

I will be out of town for the next 2 weeks. But I'd like to compare one to my Stix rods. I will holler at you when I get in.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby jsmoke222000 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:21 pm

Sounds good. I'm @ work right now & I'm really not sure when I'll be home. The rods should be coming in on Tuesday or Wednesday & several of the guys on here live pretty close to my place in Moss Bluff. I just want to make sure everyone who wants to try them out gets to try at least one of the rods. TFO is really counting on us for some feedback on the rods, the more the better. I'll post some pics as soon as my tells me they have arrived. Thanks for being patient guys. We will get this thing rolling soon! :cheers:
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby jsmoke222000 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Well the rods have arrived. We have 5 rods to pass around for everyone to try. They are as follows:

2 - 7' medium casting (fontfont has 1 rod)
1 - 7' medium heavy casting
1 - 7' medium spinning
1 - 7' medium heavy spinning
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby reelreports » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Just made it back home after a long day on the water. I got a chance to wet a line & give this 7' MH TFO casting rod a try. I put a shimano calcutta 200 with 30 lb suffix braid on the rod & went out looking for some reds. We hit the jetties with some live finger mullet & set anchor on the surf side of the west jetties about 50 yards from the mouth. It didn't take long to figure out that we made the right decision. We caught a ton of monster reds! On my first cast I hooked up with a 37" red that was just over 19 lbs. I was freaking out because I didn't want to tear up this rod. Let me tell you, that was not gonna be an issue. I caught probably 30 fish over the slot limit & that rod held up just fine to all of them. We ended up with 8 reds around 23" that we took home for the grease. We let the big ones make it today. It sure was an awesome trip though. The TFO rod is amazing & I am headed to Lafayettte to buy one as soon as I get back from vacation. I was really impressed with how well it held up to those big reds. I would recommend these rods to anyone looking for a dependable quality rod @ a reasonable price. Thanks a million jsmoke for giving me a chance to test one of these rods out! I forgot my camera @ the house so I didn't get any pictures. Sorry.
reelreports

Postby Gottogo49 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:15 am

Fontfont passed the TFO rod to me yesterday on the water at Lambert's.
I'll try it out next week if the doves aren't too thick.
We caught a limit of nice crabs at Lambert's but not much else.
Mr. J, Who gets the rod next after me?
Gottogo49

Postby jsmoke222000 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:47 am

I'll have to skim back through this thread & see who else wanted a 7' medium casting rod. I'll let you know. My goal is to try to have you guys pass the rods around to folks who you already know or that you live close to. I want to make the transfers as easy as possible for everyone. All of us fish Big Lake so it shouldn't be too hard to meet up with someone @ a landing or on the water to make the transfers. It's going to be a good way to meet new guys on the site that you don't know already. I'm looking forward to hearing how you guys feel about these rods. :popcorn:
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby Gottogo49 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:14 am

Good deal J, how do you want the feedback/comments?
Gottogo49

Postby jsmoke222000 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Just type something on this thread about your experience with the rod. Good or bad, just an honest review of what you like or dislike about the rod. They just want to get everyones opinion of the rods. Customer feedback or should I say consumer feedback is what they are looking for. It doesn't hurt to mention what you normally use & how the rods compare to what you are used to using. :popcorn:
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

PreviousNext

Return to TFO Rods - Temple Fork Outfitters