[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4860: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4862: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - TFO Rods - BigLake411 Members - Try it before you buy it!

• Advertisement
Majek Boats

TFO Rods - BigLake411 Members - Try it before you buy it!

Which TFO rod are you most interested in trying?

Casting
23%
Spinning
6%
6'
1%
6'6"
6%
7'
30%
7'6"
5%
ML
5%
M
16%
MH
7%
H
No votes

Total votes : 82

TFO Rods - BigLake411 Members - Try it before you buy it!

Postby jsmoke222000 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:30 pm

I have some great news for anyone interested in the new TFO rods. I just spoke to the powers that be in the TFO corporate office & they have offered to give BigLake411.com members a chance to try out the rods @ no cost to you!

There are 2 main reasons that TFO has offered to do this:

#1 - To get their rods in the hands of fisherman, the average joe, the weekend warriors, etc.

#2 - To get feedback (comments, suggestions, likes, dislikes, etc.) from customers & potential customers on the rods. TFO is very interested in what we (the consumer) have to say about their products & are looking forward to getting some feedback from us whether it is positive or negative.

I was told to make the rules as I see fit. I am open to suggestions if anyone has an idea on how to make this run smoothly. Obviously I can't ask TFO to send us 50 rods, that's just not going to happen. We are probably looking at a handful of rods (5 or 6) that will be passed around between members for each of you to try them out for a week or so & then pass it on to the next man to try. Everyone participating in the program will be required to post a review of the rod they tested in this thread & will be responsible for passing the rod on to the next guy on the list or back to me. Most of us fish on Calcasieu Lake so it shouldn't be too much trouble to make a hand to hand transfer in most cases. I will have to talk to TFO to see what they would like me to do with the rods after everyone has gotten a chance to try them out. I will invite them to join the forum, read the reviews you guys posted & maybe they can choose who gets the rods @ the end of the trial period based on the reviews. Remember the reason they are doing this in the 1st place is to get some feedback on the rods. An honest revue of the rods is going to be much more helpful & appreciated than a line of crap from someone trying to get a free rod. If you don't like the rods, please be honest & say so. Explain what you dislike & make suggestions on how to improve them.

I have started a poll @ the top of this thread to get a better idea of which rods you guys would be most interested in. Please vote on the poll so I can gauge the interest of this & also so I know which rods to ask them to send. Everyone who wants to participate in the program needs to choose the rod they want to try from the following 3 options: Please select the rod type (spinning or casting), length (6', 6'6", 7', or 7'6") & action (ML, M, MH, or H) you are interested. YOU SHOULD CHOOSE 3 OPTIONS WHEN YOU VOTE, not just 1.

I will add your names to the list below. I'll add names to the list for about a week & then make the call for the rods once we figure out what you guys wanna test.

Official try it before you buy it member list:
Pitluver52
r_jackson
Gottogo49
Love2Fish
WHITT037
b0dysnatcher (tested 7' medium casting)
reelreports (tested 7' medium casting)
LaidBack
Ray
fontfont (tested 7' medium casting)
Jive Turkey
fishintechnician82
gulfsouth33
Cajunredfish07
Jseal
Taco
ramosrecon

jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Re: TFO Rods - BigLake411 Members - Try it before you buy i

Postby blong » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:10 pm

stopped monday in lafayette on pinhook and salesman said it would be two weeks min. before he would get more in stock. any other place in texas that sell rod
blong

2010 sea fox 225 bs

Postby jsmoke222000 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:20 pm

jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby jsmoke222000 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:38 am

In addition to voting, please post in this thread so I can get a list of everyone interested in doing this. :cheers:
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby jsmoke222000 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:40 am

Also, I know a few of you guys have already purchased TFO rods. The corportae office would like to hear from you as well. They are looking for as much input as possible. Please post a review if you have purchased a rod already. Thanks.
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby Pitluver52 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:35 pm

Sound like a great opportunity to try a potential great product. Count me in.
Pitluver52

Postby r_jackson » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:44 pm

Count me in. :onbottom:
r_jackson

Postby Gottogo49 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:45 pm

I'd like to try a
7' casting medium
7' casting medium heavy
6'6" casting medium
I couldn't remember those model numbers for very long.
Gottogo49

Postby Love2Fish » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:47 pm

spinning,7'6,MH
Love2Fish

2009 Nautic Star nauticbay 2110

Postby WHITT037 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:53 am

im in!
WHITT037

Next

Return to TFO Rods - Temple Fork Outfitters