[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - TFO Rods - BigLake411 Members - Try it before you buy it!

• Advertisement
Egret Baits Vudu Shrimp

TFO Rods - BigLake411 Members - Try it before you buy it!

Which TFO rod are you most interested in trying?

Casting
23%
Spinning
6%
6'
1%
6'6"
6%
7'
30%
7'6"
5%
ML
5%
M
16%
MH
7%
H
No votes

Total votes : 82

Re: TFO Rods - BigLake411 Members - Try it before you buy i

Postby fishintechnician82 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:12 am

just made it back from work today. my bro-in-law and i are hoping to hit the lake asap to give these rods a try. we will give reports asap. should be sometime this week. looks like the weather will be pretty all week.
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!
fishintechnician82

Postby Ray » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:38 am

I just hit Holly Beach Johnson Bayou Rutherford Beach and the ship chaael in Cameron. Water is dirty everywhere.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby ardoin25 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:30 am

Smoke, Id like to try out a 7' medium casting or spinning. I use both. Im at work till October 15th. :boot:
ardoin25

Postby jsmoke222000 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:34 am

No problem man. Ray has a 7' medium spinning rod right now. I'm sure he will be done with it in 2 weeks. I believe gottago49 still has a 7' casting rod that needs to be passed around also. I've been offshore for over a month so I haven't made my rounds to pick them up yet. Passing them around amongst one another is ok, they don't have to come back to me each time. I'll be sure to get you a rod to try out though. :cheers:
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby Ray » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:51 pm

PM me and I will get the spinning rod to you after you get home on Oct. 15th.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby captskipfloyd » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:20 am

Jared,
I can take care of this for you when I come in if you need me too... :shark:
Capt. Skip Floyd
www.getstuckfishin.com
Nemire Lures Saltwater Pro
Savephace National Saltwater Pro
Livingston Lures Regional Director for Sales
TFO Rods
captskipfloyd

Postby Ray » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Fished about 30 minutes each with a few different brands of spinning rods.
I used the same Shimano Stradic on each rod, along with the same 12# test Trilene mono and the same 1/8 oz. jig head and used different colors of Jerk Jr's.
I fished a Billy Stix that was a little lighter action than the TFO and a Billy Stix that was a little heavier action. I also fished a Shimano that was the same(med.) action as the TFO.
I liked the lighter action Stix rod, it just felt better and casted better. The TFO, Shimano and the heavier action Stix rod were all about the same as far as casting and catching.
I like the one piece long cork handles better also. It might be because I am not used to a split handle feel. But the size, weight and action compares well with other higher cost
spinning rods. I think the TFO rod is a pretty dang good rod for the money.
I didn't try any other sized jig heads, it may have casted better with the 1/4 oz., but I like light weight lures for this time of year and the way I was fishing.

The rod is cleaned up and ready for Ardoin25 next week.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby ardoin25 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Good post Ray. Looking forward to giving it a try.
ardoin25

Postby fishintechnician82 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Finally got a chance to put this TFO rod to the test today. took some live cacahoe minnows to grand lake and fished on bottom with a 1/2 oz. jig head. only caught six reds, none over 20 inches, but still good enough. also threw many diffrent plastics with no luck. thought the rod was very sensetive, really liked the way it felt while casting and handeled the reds really good. would love to hit big lake and try it out on some trout but dont feel like fighiting this wind. these are some excellent rods for a very afforadble price. i think every fisherman should have at least one in his arsenal. thanks again for this opportunity jared.
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!
fishintechnician82

Postby ardoin25 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:24 pm

Got a chance to try out the TFO, 7' medium spinning rod last week. Rigged it with an Okuma Epixor and 15lb. mono. I was a little concerned about the eye footing but they turned out to be really stout. I probably caught 100 specks or so and maybe 10 reds in the 3 days that I fished with the rod. Fished sand eel jrs. with 1/4 oz. jig heads and had to problem casting the jigs really far. Also, I found it to be equaly sensitive to the higher priced rods. All in all, In my opinion, the TFO rod is an EXTREMLY good rod for the money. I will be purchacing a couple in the very near future. Thanks for the opertunity. I will be coming back in from offshore on the 10th. Its ready for whoever is next in line.
:cheers:
ardoin25

PreviousNext

Return to TFO Rods - Temple Fork Outfitters