[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - question about some yaks

• Advertisement
Egret Baits Kick-A-Mullet

question about some yaks

General kayak / paddle craft discussion.

question about some yaks

Postby speckilla89 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:33 am

considering the stealth, ocean prowler or the ws ride 135. i like the ocean prowler price point, but standing is a must for me. Any ideas on if it is easy to do in the prowler?
A Bad Day of Fishing is Still Better than a good day at work!
speckilla89

Re: question about some yaks

Postby speckilla89 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:15 pm

are any idea on a yak under $1000 that i can stand in
speckilla89

Postby Ray » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:08 pm

My nephew works at Pack and Paddle in Lafayette.
I will forward your message to him and let you know what he says.
He demo's all kinds of yaks.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

question about some yaks

Postby speckilla89 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:36 pm

Thanks ray
speckilla89

Postby Ray » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:43 am

He sent 2 replies back to me.

Here they are:

I dont know much about any "Ocean Kayaks" other than pack and paddle decided to remove them from our lineup. They're pretty low caliber compared to WIlderness Systems, but i don't know about the stability of either O,K, models. The Ride 135 has been a best seller for us for a long time. The 2012 hull design is brand new for 2012. they raised the weight capacity from 400 to 550 lbs. and its kind of heavy, but its the most stable all the Sit on Top kayaks other than the Diablo Adios. Ive paddled them all and am a big fan of the ride 135 especially pre2012. but the new ones are great too.

I would recomend the Heritage Redfish 12, Ride 115 or Ride 135. If he's a freshwater fishermen He may like the Jackson Coosa. All under 1000 bucks

His name is Boh. He works at Pack and Paddle. YOu can call and ask him any questions you like. He can also find you some used kayaks if you want that. They have a bulletin board with yaks for sale by owners.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby GeauxTigers » Fri May 18, 2012 6:37 am

I've got a Heritage Redfish 12. Great for standing and sight casting but terrible for speed. If you're going less than a mile or two I would highly recommend it. I love mine.
GeauxTigers

question about some yaks

Postby speckilla89 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Thanks man I ended up with the ok prowler. Buddy just bought a Jackson cuda and now I'm jealous
speckilla89

Postby Book'em » Tue May 22, 2012 8:42 pm

This will be my first weekend in my new nucanoe frontier kayak that I purchased from Ship to Shore in Lake Charles.I have never fished from a kayak before so I am sure it will be an experience. :onbottom:
Book'em

Postby Butch Lafargue » Thu May 24, 2012 8:48 am

Jackson Cuda would be my choice, I really like Hobie but you can not touch one for under a $1000.00

Butch
Butch Lafargue

Postby Catch22 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Speckkilla89, you'll appreciate that Prowler. It may not be as classy as the Cuda, and it's definitely not as stable as The Ride, but it's a FAST sit-on-top. Speed is addictive! Which is why I have a WS Tarpon as well as a Diablo. Different boats = different functions.
Catch22

Return to The Yak Shack