[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4860: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4862: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Finally got my 1st yak!! Hobie Outback!

• Advertisement
Mercury Optimax Pro XS

Finally got my 1st yak!! Hobie Outback!

General kayak / paddle craft discussion.

Finally got my 1st yak!! Hobie Outback!

Postby SaltyShaw » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Well as most of you know I have been looking for a yak an this guy emailed me a while back about his outback and I had to have it! Glad I bit the bullet and got the mirage system! Now all I have to do is wait one more week to get my cast off my leg and slime this thing up!
<'(((>{
Were do all of y'all yak guys fish in the Lake Charles/ Big Lake Area??Image
Capt. Kade Shaw
SaltyShaw

Re: Finally got my 1st yak!! Hobie Outback!

Postby joeslo » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:08 pm

cool boat a few trips to figure your own rigging. anywhere the big boats go, with the correct amont of courage, but all the places they can't get to. post when your ready i'll go with and try for that ride. congrats
joeslo

Postby Ray » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:29 am

You can hit the beaches on the Fall. Yak's will help you get to where the waders can't.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby Mung » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Kayakers fish all over Big lake. The main launching spots are in West Cove, and Fred's Lounge on the north side. Additionally, I have launched the kayak and fished out of Heberts, Grand Lake, LNG, Moss Lake, Choupique Bayou, Spicers, Joe's landing, Cameron Ferry Landing and at the jetties. It helps if you know someone with good access to a private launch. Some guys can get to the SE side of the lake with a long paddle or prviate property access.

There are also lots of kayak tournaments, with a few on Big Lake. Feb. 19th the Lafayette KFC is having a slam(red/trout/flounder) tournament on Big Lake, weigh-in at 210 park.

http://lafayettekayakfishing.com/index. ... as-madness

The Bayou Coast KFC has one a bit later, on July 16th, the Trout Challenge. heaviest 5 trout stringer wins.
Mung

Postby Gottogo49 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:27 pm

Sweet, I want one, only one thing holding me back, $. Some day.
Gottogo49

Postby Butch Lafargue » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Man that is one good looking kayak I am hoping to have the twin to that one ot I might go wi th revolution rite now I am in the I dream stage. So I paddle and paddle dreaming of peddling nice contests!
Butch Lafargue

Postby Butch Lafargue » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Sorry about the misspelling on the previous post I have tired fat fingers!
Butch Lafargue

Return to The Yak Shack