[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Member Fishing Repors minus the pros

• Advertisement
Majek Boats

Member Fishing Repors minus the pros

Something you would like to see? Post all your website suggestions here

Member Fishing Repors minus the pros

Postby RedSanders » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:16 am

Discovered this site a couple of weeks ago and enjoying exploring. Please allow me to make a couple of suggestions:
1. Sure wish the pros would make their reports in the "Reports from the pros" forum, and not the "Member Fishing Reports" forum. I understand they are members, and I understand they are trying to promote their business, but just looking for a place for the everyday fisherman to post reports without the advertising. Maybe the solution is to create an "Amateur fishing reports" forum.

2. Since discovering your site, I have asked friends that fish Big Lake if they know about this site, and have not yet found one that does. Think you would be allowed to post some flyers advertising this site at such places as Calcasieu Point? Maybe we'd get more fishing reports on here.

Hope I'm not looking like a newcomer know-it-all. :roll:
RedSanders

Re: Member Fishing Repors minus the pros

Postby nanny » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:15 pm

You are overthinking... adams is a good guy... he shares
basic info.. there would be very few reports if not for him... most folks just checkout reports but don't add anything... myself included... good luck n happy fishing
nanny

Re: Member Fishing Repors minus the pros

Postby 4Cowboys4Life » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:37 am

Original post has merit, and there is a reason for different categories which is to keep the forums clean and help one quickly & easily browse through and read the subject matter they are interested in. You wouldn't want to see the "For Sale" material in the "Member Reports" area just because someone is a regular contributor and an all around good guy.

Granted, while Adams does help out when able (and it's much appreciated), he is still promoting his business.
--------------------
i.e This is neither a report from a pro nor an everyday joe.

Sep9,10 discount

Postby JAdams » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:51 pm
450$ for each day
----------------------
Having said that, this place isn't busy enough to where it matters much, but if the original posters other suggestion to bring more traffic here ever comes to fruition, maybe one day it will be.
4Cowboys4Life

Return to Suggestions