[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - New Members

• Advertisement
Litem'Up Lures

New Members

Something you would like to see? Post all your website suggestions here

New Members

Postby JSeal » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:09 am

Need to create an attractive link for new member sign ups on the homepage. Maybe one of those mouse over things with some interactive logo. Also how about getting some biglake411 merchandise to help cover operating costs, (tshirts, hats, stickers). Create an official biglake411 logo, as a matter of fact come up with several and have members vote on it. Maybe we could open up a contest or something for user created logos. What you think? :pimp:
JSeal

Re: New Members

Postby jsmoke222000 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:54 pm

All very good ideas. I'll have to work on this.
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby GeauxTigers » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:10 pm

I'd put a sticker on my kayak and boat. I'd also drink my beerz in a BigLake411 koozie!
GeauxTigers

Postby mcjaredsandwich » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:04 pm

I would put some stickers on my boat and truck, wouldn't mind wearing a hat either. maybe a custom line of biglake411.com baits?? lol maybe the last one was a bit much.
mcjaredsandwich

Postby jsmoke222000 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Ok, I finally got the photo gallery up & running so now I can move on to this suggestion. I like he idea of T-shirts, hats, visors, koozies & stickers. The only problem with that stuff is that in order to keep the price down, I'd have to order a ton of merchandise upfront.

Let's just use the koozies for example. The minimum order for koozies is 50. The cost for 50 koozies is $100 ($2 each). They would have to be shipped to you guys & there would be a cost for some large envelopes & postage. It would turn out to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $4 per koozie for me to make give or take $0.50 apiece. Now If I bought 500 koozies it would cost me $260 ($0.52 each) upfront & would cut the cost in half to around $2 or so. But I'd have to fork out $260 & I'd be stuck with 500 koozies if they didn't move. I have a bunch left over from the tournament by the way.

I'll probably end up getting 500 koozies just to have some to give away from time to time anyway.

Now for the T-shirts, hats & visors we can probably set something up with someone around town to make these on a as needed basis. There are several local places that do monogramming & screen printing. All I would need to do is post the logo's & you guys could just download the file & bring it to your local shop & have it made however you want.

Stickers would work the same way. All you need to get stickers made is the image you want printed. I happen to know a lot about this process. The best thing for me to do would be to post a vector image that you guys could download & bring to a local sticker place. Now here is my $0.02 on stickers & vinyl graphics. The cheapest shop in town is not always the best shop in town. There is a reason that Signs Now is the most expensive place on the planet to purchase stickers & vinyl graphics. Signs Now uses 3M vinyl for all their stuff & it is simply the best material out there. They warranty their stickers & vinyl graphics for life. It it starts peeling off or cracking, just drive over there & they will slap a brand new one on @ no charge! Yes, you can get stickers for 1/2 the price from joe blow down the street but it will fall apart in 6 months & then you will be right back where you started, without a sticker.

So what we need to do now is decide on a logo. I am partial to the logo on the top left of the page in the header. If anyone has a new design, post it in this thread & we can start a poll & let folks vote on the one they like the most. I'm always open to new ideas, so you guys don't be afraid to post yours. I'm always looking for ways to make this site better & more user friendly. The site is here for everyone to enjoy & get useful information that is sometimes tough to come by. I look forward to hearing your new ideas & suggestions.

Tight Lines...

Jsmoke :cheers:
jsmoke222000
Site Admin

2012 Majek Extreme 2200

Postby wilton_2 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:52 pm

:fishstory:
wilton_2

Return to Suggestions