[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - my new kayak custom built

• Advertisement
Egret Baits

my new kayak custom built

General kayak / paddle craft discussion.

my new kayak custom built

Postby joe slo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Image Image Image
just finnished it today. heading to toledo bend for the whole week to slime er up real good. I hope yall like it. It is my first sit on top, a little heavy but at only 11 ft it will carry a 300 lb payload and tracks very well, good in rough water. I built it to fish the surf at the beach, that will be my next weekend trip. anyone gotta yak and a paddle out there that might join?
joe slo

Re: my new kayak custom built

Postby Gottogo49 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Good job, nice looking craft.
Gottogo49

Postby Ray » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:35 pm

How much does it weigh?
Looks nice for homemade.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby joe slo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:57 pm

haven't put it on the scale but i am going to guess about 75 rigged out with everything for fishing.
joe slo

Postby joe slo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Image Image
we caught 40 sac a lait and then this morning caught 16 more before we had to come back home just made it home thought yall might like to see some fish. thats my buddy and 2 of the boats i have built that we took. GOD blessed LA with toledo bend that is just awsome
joe slo

Postby coolhand » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:08 am

Great job, Joe! She's a beauty! :cheers:
coolhand

Postby yak-aholic » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:35 pm

That looks really good... I'm actually thinking of trying to build something similar so if you have a link to where the plans came from, I'd appreciate it. I'm a pretty long time from actually attempting to do something like this, but I'll definitely hold on to whatever information you can give me.
yak-aholic

Postby joe slo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:24 am

sorry for the delay yakaholic moved to toledo bend and getting situauted took longer than expected. actually this is my own design no plans to give. i can tell you this though, if you have any carpenter experience at all you can do it. My suggestion is to use epoxy resin over wood because it gives time for the resin to soak into the wood(8-10 hrs, compared to the polyester that only allows 20- 30 min). i took a pirogue bottom widened it to 36" and shortened it to 11'6". sides are 9" and presidentially engineered bulkheads and top. it is one heck of a boat. 2" of water and you can go, 30mph winds no prob, even take it to the platforms at rutherford beach. building one is very rewarding to the sole. people up here on toledo bend look at my 500.00 dollar boat and never even notice the 60000 bass boats passing by, lots of attention. it makes you feel good. of course alot of them are saying i am crazy fo attempting some of my travels, but i just think that they don't know what it is like, much less how it feels. i say do it and stop waiting post some pics when you do i'll help with what i can
joe slo

Postby dltigerjohnson » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:21 pm

Great looking yak. Hopefully in near future I will meet u on water with my yak.
Nice mess of perch too.
dltigerjohnson

Return to The Yak Shack