[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Kayak fishing marsh behind Pelican point

• Advertisement
Mercury 4 Stroke 150

Kayak fishing marsh behind Pelican point

General kayak / paddle craft discussion.

Kayak fishing marsh behind Pelican point

Postby Butch Lafargue » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:10 pm

This is my first post so bear with me. The last two weekends I put in by Heberts landing and paddled down to Pelican point marsh July 4th was exhausting but I did catch some really nice flounder on gulp mullet man it was a gas! It was my first kayak fishing trip. But by the time I got back to Heberts and the camp I was whipped like the old dog that I am. Today I did it again not as much luck I caught one speck one red one flounder then paddled all the way back against the seven mile hour SW wind once again whipped whipped. Two questions any suggestions for artificial bait for specks and reds? And does anyone know of a drop off point close to Pelican Point so this 52 year old can have the energy to fish longer and not beat myself to death in the lake! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Butch
Butch Lafargue

Re: Kayak fishing marsh behind Pelican point

Postby saute86 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Go try the rocks between holly beach and constance beach. Past few weeks the gulf has been calm. On the 4th I caught 6 trout over 5 pounds. The fish I caught were in knee deep water. I could see schools of fish out past the rocks gorging on bait fish.
saute86

Postby Butch Lafargue » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:34 pm

Thanks I may have to give that a whirl.
Butch Lafargue

Postby Ray » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:35 pm

I have found in the fall, the trout are just past the rocks. The farther you can throw, the more you can catch.
They are thick about 20 yards past the rocks on the sandy bottoms.
Ray
Site Admin

2009 Cobia 19 Bay

Postby Butch Lafargue » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:40 pm

Thanks I might try that next weekend if the weather is rite.
Butch Lafargue

Return to The Yak Shack