[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Fishing reel and rod

• Advertisement
Litem'Up Lures

Fishing reel and rod

Discuss all fishing tackle here. Rods, reels, lures, hooks, line, etc.

Fishing reel and rod

Postby cmt9770 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:45 am

I am looking into getting a new reel and rod. I been doing some searching and know different reels and rods are for different fishing techniques. I am looking for a good rod and reel to use for mostly fishing gulp products. Any suggestions would be nice. I have my eye on a chronarch, curado, or a couple abu garcias.
cmt9770

Re: Fishing reel and rod

Postby BIG-C » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:02 am

I like all of those reels but the type rod I would recommend is a 7ft medium action with a fast or extra fast tip. Name brand should be your personal preference. GOOD LUCK.
BIG-C

Fishing reel and rod

Postby ramosrecon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:12 am

I use to use nothing but Shimano reels and now i only have one left. I re-equipped with nothing but Lews reels. You get more bang for your buck with Lews to me. I had a Curado that had the upgrades bearings in it and with the 150 dollar Lews reel out the box it would outcast the Curado every time and it was same line, same lure and same rod setup. As far as rods I have used several. For trout I use a light action 7'2" Wright&Mcgill. For gulp I have used the Med and Med/Lg TFO rods which have great action and a good back none. I also have a couple of Shimano Crucial rods that I use for my top water fishing. Hope this helps you some and has answered your question.
C. Ramos
ramosrecon

2015 Mako 18 LTS

Re: Fishing reel and rod

Postby cmt9770 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Is the lews a magnetic brake system or does it have another one? I like the curados and chronarchs because of their braking systems and they are super smooth. Thanks for the responses. They do give me a better idea.
cmt9770

Fishing reel and rod

Postby ramosrecon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:06 pm

There or two types the 99 dollar version is strictly magnetic braking with two adjustments. The 150 version is centrifugal braking and magnetic braking with three adjustments. You can look them up on line.
C. Ramos
ramosrecon

2015 Mako 18 LTS

Return to Tackle Shop