[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4860: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4862: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3850)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 122: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 124: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BigLake411.com • View topic - Marsh rig dimensions

• Advertisement
TFO Rods

Marsh rig dimensions

General boating discussion (boats, motors, marine electronics & accessories)

Re: Marsh rig dimensions

Postby efaulk1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:58 pm

I fish alot in my friend's fiberglass marsh flat. I believe these were made at Jerry's Marine some time ago. Not wild about the hull, as I prefer aluminum. It also limits the places I fish, ALOT. The lake needs to be calm in other to get across or else you'll have to eat a Vicodin sandwich to ease your back pain. The thing's a bone-crusher in the waves. Now that I've complained about it, I'll tell you the good points. This thing is awesome in the marsh, shallow running, and INCREDIBLY stable. I can have someone fishing on the side of the bow and walk from back to front on the same side and never feel unstable. It does about 36 mph loaded with a 40 Mercury 2 stroke on a power hydrolic jack plate. Bottom line, I don't care for flats, even in the marsh, but wide is good, the Mercury 2 strokes from around 1999 are amazing, and power jack plate is great to have. If the tide goes out, you can lift the motor to run more shallow, but still straight. I don't miss not having power tilt with the power jack plate.
efaulk1

Re: Marsh rig dimensions

Postby claydeaux » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:06 pm

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/album ... reid=15047
My boat is a Empire Boat 21ftx7ft..with a 150 HO with a jack plate..no tunnel..jack it up and keep rolling..corners well in marsh. Hull is hand built by one man and is a 5 degree semi-v , and deck is covered with Safe Floor...The man will make you a 16ft or 18 ft in the same hull that will work with your 40 hp...
claydeaux

Marsh rig dimensions

Postby JAdams » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:19 pm

20x46 south fork tunnel w 3 cyl 40 merc mine runs 51 46 loaded but I have different power head ported polished mapped tuner work etc pushing right at 100hp it'll run 70 on 15/48 semi v weld built w my clever but w stock 40 merc w 60 carbs it runs 38 w 1 person r 4 people and will get up as long as the prop is in the water will run in 5 inches or mud if its soft bottom
Adams Trophy Charters
Capt. Jared Adams
(337) 513-2760
JAdams

Previous

Return to The Boat Shed